SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

B

budmonster

I know a lot of people found that Volume + fixed there speaker/notification/ringtone volume problem. For me Volume+ didn't work and also for a few others. I saw this over on XDA, Equalizer from SA Labs. You can find it in the Market here: https://market.android.com/details?...?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm9yZy5lcXVhbGl6ZXJhcHAiXQ

Here are the settings this user recommended, I tried them myself and volume on my phone is actually set to what it should have been in the first place. I didn't see this on here, tried searching. Maybe it can help someone else, good luck.

View attachment 19607

XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=20689993&postcount=1

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I didn't get much from Volume+ on mine, other than the speaker sounding like it's being overdriven.

Thanks, I'll give SA Labs a try!

cosmo36

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Budmonster! Volume+ had zero effect on any of my volumes. SA Labs Equalizer made the speaker volume sound 2x louder. Great find.

CynicalDreams81

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Works WAY better than Volume+. I think Volume+ Just has a placebo affect. You can definitely hear a difference with this app. The suggested settings are a bit high for my taste and seem to distort the sound. I have all first 5 levels at 10.0 db and the bass boost at 25% as suggested and it seems to be a lot louder without the speaker distortion. I just hope this doesn't cause the speaker to blow.

*EDIT* After playing with the app for a few minutes I have a question. Why does it not work unless I have Volume+ installed? I installed Volume+ first. Then this app and set it up. After uninstalling Volume+ the app stopped increasing the volume. Once I reinstalled Volume+ it began working again.

Last edited:

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Works WAY better than Volume+. I think Volume+ Just has a placebo affect. You can definitely hear a difference with this app. The suggested settings are a bit high for my taste and seem to distort the sound. I have all first 5 levels at 10.0 db and the bass boost at 25% as suggested and it seems to be a lot louder without the speaker distortion. I just hope this doesn't cause the speaker to blow.

*EDIT* After playing with the app for a few minutes I have a question. Why does it not work unless I have Volume+ installed? I installed Volume+ first. Then this app and set it up. After uninstalling Volume+ the app stopped increasing the volume. Once I reinstalled Volume+ it began working again.

I've also set everything to 10.0db when I first set it up. Great minds think alike, eh?

I uninstalled Volume+ before installing this, and haven't had any issues. Try to uninstall both, and reinstall Equalizer.

*customized tapatalk signature*

mmellis

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone running this for a few days can comment on battery usage? Since it's running constantly in the background.

On a side note this worked much better than volume + for me, as others have suggested.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

CynicalDreams81

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I tried uninstalling both and reinstalling the Equalizer but I still had the same affect. I know that when I first installed Volume+ it said that it had to run something with the volume to make it work and seemed to over take a setting in the phone itself. I think that may be the problem and why it's not working without both installed.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried uninstalling both and reinstalling the Equalizer but I still had the same affect. I know that when I first installed Volume+ it said that it had to run something with the volume to make it work and seemed to over take a setting in the phone itself. I think that may be the problem and why it's not working without both installed.

Are you going into the menu and hitting store before you leave the app? If you just back out of the app after setting it up it drops all the settings and reverts back to 0db.

TWISM

May 29, 2011
Visit site

Just a heads up on Volume+, I have a db meter and it definitively increases the db level by +3 or whatever you set it to. Not saying it works for everyone but I confirmed it on mine.

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Great find, This seems to work alot better for me.

I also find that setting it at 10-11, with 25% bass, sounds the best to me.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
won't android's self regulating multi tasker kill this if it keeps running in the background? also, how much impact does it have on the battery since it's always running?