Calendar Conundrum

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've had my GNex since 0930 on launch day and I'm absolutely loving this phone. It's head and shoulders above my Droid, Droid Incredible, Droid X and EVO 3D. I do however have 1 issue that has me scratching my head; the stock calendar widget doesn't show anything. My online Google Calendar has moon phase, week number, holidays, birthdays, etc. The calendar on my GNex doesn't show any of this unless I'm in the month view. I've checked all the settings and nothing makes those events show up in the widget. Am I missing something? :confused:

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Try businesses calendar free.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I'm trying to avoid 3rd party remedies for 1st party screw ups. Lol. I may try that though. Seeing the calendar events was kind of soothing but it isn't mandatory. I'd gotten accustomed to it on my last few phones and just found it odd that Google doesn't provide the same functionality. I guess I could always substitute the Bookmarks widget.

rocketdan2

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I use Jorte just because it's so much more FUNCTIONAL. I have used it across multiple phones, it syncs with Google very well and has an awesome widget. You could look at it from the point of view that Google screwed up, or just look at it from the point of view that there are much better options out there anyway. To each there own I guess. Good luck with whatever you choose to do :)

Dan

awhbrown

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Along these same lines, (within the calendar itself, not widget) is there a way to make the "Day" view begin at a certain time (e.g., at 8 a.m.) instead of the default of 12 a.m.?

Also, how can I import calendar invites (sent from Outlook) from the stock email application to my calendar? (I tried searching the forums for this, because I never figured out how to do this on my dInc either, but no luck...)
Thanks!

Montclair

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
My online Google Calendar has moon phase, week number, holidays, birthdays, etc. The calendar on my GNex doesn't show any of this unless I'm in the month view. I've checked all the settings and nothing makes those events show up in the widget. Am I missing something? :confused:

In calendar, tap menu (upper right) button. The calendars to display and settings/general preferences screens will fix most of your concerns.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
In calendar, tap menu (upper right) button. The calendars to display and settings/general preferences screens will fix most of your concerns.

That's the 1st step I tried and it's a non starter. Every calendar is set to display and I still get nothing. It's alright though. I've replaced the calendar widget with the Bookmark widget for now. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.