WiFi icon turns blue then gray

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm at work where WiFi has a strong signal but when I connect and enter the password it will turn blue for a moment then gray. What's going on since the password is correct, the signal is strong and it worked in the past?

HunterOrHunted

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
From what I have gathered researching this myself, blue indicates a connection to google sync services and such. Gray would indicate a lack thereof, but still tells you that a data/cell connection has been made

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Same with me at work - the firewalls at work prevent the phone from syncing properly with Google's servers. Affects Gmail primarily.

At home, obviously, it's fine.

Blue = syncing with Google (includes Gmail); Gray = not syncing with Google but other data may work

smwmustang

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem but when it is grey for me at work, I cannot connect to anything. No email, no internet, no weather!

Verizon said it was the router but it does it at home too. Samsung told me it should turn green. Guess that person ddi not have a Nexus yet.

Any thoughts?

evancomer

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue. Its not the router because my other devices work fine. I dirty flashed the 4.4 jbsourcery rom on my gnex. That is most likely the cause but I use wifi so little that it is not necessary for me to wipe the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon