Suggestions for syncing music?

Dan1192

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have Songbird as my main music player on my laptop. But when I tried to sync my Galaxy Nexus, it would sync some of the songs, and then give me an error once it synced about 500 or so songs. Plus some of the tracks would be missing album art.

So I did research on doubletwist, and it seems like a great program.. But apparently it's not compatible with the Galaxy Nexus, since GN uses the MTP protocol (which doubletwist doesn't recognize). And I checked-out Mediamonkey, but people seem to be having problems with that, too.

I tried drag & dropping the songs directory into the Nexus, and that works just fine. But I want to be able to create playlists & edit artist information. So do you guys know of any Galaxy Nexus-compatible programs?

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Double twist will work to sync music but you have to get the AirSync app. It was on sale a few weeks ago for 10 cents, I got it then. What I did was just drag and drop all the music then used AirSync to tie up loose ends and sync playlists.

HunterOrHunted

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Google music is the way to go. You can also upload your files from a computer to the cloud and check the 'make available offline' option on the phone.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I gave Google Music a try and hated it. The interface sucks.

so what are you using instead? i'm trying to look for an alternative but i can't seem to find a program that would let me have some control over the music playing without unlocking the phone. thus far only the native music app is the only one that allows me to to pause and skip tracks without having to unlock the phone when it sleeps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance