Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Verizon:
    At anytime that I have a call connected - my screen turns off (& yes! I am holding my phone and mouth correctly!)
    Only when the call is over does the screen come back on - no matter what buttons I push or where the sensor is placed.
    Has anyone experienced problems with the proximity sensor?
    I tried different launchers, screen protectors (with & without), system settings and lighting conditions!
    It's all the same. Dial a call - connect caller - screen turns OFF! Disconnect call screen comes back on.
    It’s really frustrating not being able to use speakerphone or the dial pad, not to mention total loss of control during a call.
    In a few cases I ended up on someone’s VM and ran them completely out of time LOL(not)! Because of this, I had to set my power button to hang up calls through “Accessibility”.
    Is there a sensitivity setting somewhere that I am overlooking? My old DX had several options.
    12-27-2011 04:13 PM
    Have you tried pressing the power button to turn it on like normal? -_-
    12-27-2011 06:26 PM
    Think it's a bug, same thing happens with mine. Phone call is over and I have to press power button / unlock / then end call. Pain in the butt...
    12-27-2011 08:10 PM
    I have the opposite problem, my proximity sensor seems to take forever to kick on. I have to manually shut off the screen or else I always end the call with my ear.
    12-27-2011 08:44 PM
    I have the very same problem and even when pressing the power button to turn on the screen is not always responding, perhaps takes 4-5 attempts. If you need to input password or any digits for that matter is a real pain, almost impossible to use!
    Where is proximity sensor located? can it be tuned?
    12-28-2011 02:10 PM
    I've also had this problem intermittently. Doesn't always happen just once in awhile.
    12-28-2011 02:56 PM
    Damn I guess I'm lucky, this is the best a proximity sensor has ever worked on a phone for me.
    12-28-2011 05:00 PM
    Mine was weird the first day. Ever since then it has been fine lol
    12-29-2011 11:02 PM
    My proximity sensor is weird too. Sometimes the screen will turn on when I have the phone against my ear, and if the keypad is open for me to input numbers, my ear will make contact and push random numbers.

Another EXTREMELY frustrating thing I've noticed when making calls, is that the screen you get when a call is in progress doesn't just appear when you press the phone icon on the main menu. Sometimes a call will end but the call screen will be 'hidden' somewhere and I struggle to figure out how to get to it to officially hit the red end call button.

While I like this phone a lot, there are a lot of issues and minor annoyances to be fixed.
    12-29-2011 11:29 PM
    I'm gonna factory reset fhis weekend. If that doesn't work, then I will pay a visit to my local store for a return.
    12-30-2011 07:42 AM
    I'm gonna factory reset fhis weekend. If that doesn't work, then I will pay a visit to my local store for a return.
    Let us know how it goes. I have the same issue as well. =(
    12-30-2011 05:34 PM
    Let us know how it goes. I have the same issue as well. =(
    12-30-2011 06:22 PM
    Any updates? Did the factory data reset work?
    01-03-2012 02:58 PM
    I have not had any problems with mine. It kicks in pretty quickly.

If you look at a good deal of the threads on this board, people are having such different experiences and problems that I really am starting to feel like there was a bad "batch" of phones.
    01-03-2012 03:26 PM
    this only happens to me for outgoing calls. Probably 50% of the time. I suspect it has something to do with lighting? The worst is when I dial my friend's number, goes to voicemail, and of course the screen is black and I can't press anything (the screen not responsive or side buttons do nothing anything), so I end up leaving a 4+ min voicemail until my screen decides to show up again
    01-11-2012 01:50 PM
    new to touch screen phones.. can someone explain how the proximity sensor is supposed to work if it's functioning?

tx
    01-11-2012 02:15 PM
    11-01-2013 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD