Google Listen causing Random Reboots?

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
My phone has rebooted randomly 3 times since Dec. 23rd. Not too bad, and not too annoying. I just found it funny that each time it rebooted...I was using Google Listen. I was starting to think that it was either my phone charger (for my car), or the App itself. I was talking in a thread with another Galaxy Nexus owner, who is experiencing the same thing. He's had his Nexus reboot...but ONLY when he was using Google Listen.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you think there is a problem with Listen, or could there be another cause?

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It's not just Google Listen. It's happening to a lot of phones. It's been variously blamed on streaming services in general or Google Music but I have had several and I don't use either of those. Once when I was just talking on the phone and once completely unrelated. See here: IO STOICS

C-3PO

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Please Google fix this issue! I love my Galaxy Nexus! Besides reboots happening to me from time to time, not too often, i adore everything about this phone. It works flawless besides that and a few facebook forced closes. Update to 4.0.3 already please!

sq0nk

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Im actually.just annoyed that Google Listen has looked and worked the same since android 2.1. Google please update this app!

As much as I'd love for that to happen I don't think it's going to come to fruition. I believe Listen was a Google Labs product and with Labs going away I'm guessung so is any/all development of the app :'(

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know any good podcast players that aren't bloated to hell? (Dogcatcher and BeyondPod are bloated and do NOT work well). I am looking for something clean and simple...like Listen.

Johnbibbs

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know any good podcast players that aren't bloated to hell? (Dogcatcher and BeyondPod are bloated and do NOT work well). I am looking for something clean and simple...like Listen.

I just downloaded Pocket Casts. Very nice thus far.

I like it and would recommend it taking into consideration the limited experience I have with it so far.

I hated doggcatcher and beyondpod

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site

I like it and would recommend it taking into consideration the limited experience I have with it so far.

Thank you so much! This app looks amazing! I really hope this is the answer!

margarita2k7

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I dont even know what google listen is, but I dont use it and still getting random reboots. Mostly when I'm using the phone. Chatting away and then quick vibrate and look at phone to see GOOGLE on the screen.

anon(701772)

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I get random reboots while using Google Listen or my music player (PlayerPro). In actuality, my Google Listen simply quits playing a majority of the time. I get a ton of reboots when i pull down the notification bar.

Labs may not be developing Listen anymore, but that doesn't mean Google might port it over as a standard app anyways. Crossing my fingers.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
With me, I'm pretty sure Google Reader is to blame for some of the random reboots. Reader is tied to the Listen app for subscriptions, so it's something to do with how Reader syncs up I'd guess.

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

Does Pocket Casts integrate with Google Reader Listen Subscriptions?