Benefit of 4G?

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Why should I leave my phone on 4G? So far, the only benefit I see is when downloading apps. On a day-to-day basis, I use it to read news, email, and make calls. Does 4g really assist this?

If I am not streaming movies or music, 3g seems to be fine.

EDIT: Voice and data, concurrently. I forgot about that.

Last edited:

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Why should I leave my phone on 4G? So far, the only benefit I see is when downloading apps. On a day-to-day basis, I use it to read news, email, and make calls. Does 4g really assist this?

Any data transfer whatsoever benefits from 4G. I notice a huge difference in Facebook and the browser. I was about dying when I went to my wife's family during Christmas as they live in an area without 4G or WiFi. Of course I had the Thunderbolt before this, so I'm really used to 4G.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

EDIT: Voice and data, concurrently. I forgot about that.

For the most part I have to agree. I leave 3g off. However, for videos or watching TV via Slingbox the 4G will make a definite difference.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Any data transfer whatsoever benefits from 4G. I notice a huge difference in Facebook and the browser. I was about dying when I went to my wife's family during Christmas as they live in an area without 4G or WiFi. Of course I had the Thunderbolt before this, so I'm really used to 4G.

Yeah, I'd have to agree -- any process that requires data transfer will benefit. That said though, the benefit for things that don't require large amounts of data transfer will be negligible or might be small enough that you might be willing to sacrifice the small benefit in speed for better battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie