Charging issue

WhenForever

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've only had the gnex for a few days but i've noticed an issue with the charging and i'm not sure if its a defect with mine or a common problem. I charged it overnight, when I woke I checked my phone and the lock screen said charged on it but I noticed the battery icon still had the lightning bolt in it indicating it was still charging. I looked at battery info in settings and it said 99% - full. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it went to 100% - full in just a few minutes but the battery icon was still saying it was charging. I unplugged it and went about my day. Last night I plugged it back in and this morning I woke up to it saying it was charged but it was 98% - Full. Anyone else seen this or have this happen? Wondering if I should take it back and have it swapped out for a new one or if there is a fix

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Most of the time I only see 99%. As long as you are getting "normal" battery life I would not worry about it.

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
As stated above, it's normal. The phone stops charging when it reaches 100% to prevent overcharging the battery, and then charges again at 95% I believe to top it off if it is still plugged in.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely normal. As I stated in another thread, the white lightning over the blue icon on the top right occurs normally. I even called VZW; it happened on their test unit AND a RAZR. I'd appreciate the white lightning going away, but perhaps it just indicates it's plugged in? Or maybe, b/c the GNexus eats so much powah, it is just always charging? lol.

Sometimes it'll get to 100% - Full, but usually 100% - Charging.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49