Weird keybord UI thing

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried any keyboard other than SwiftKey X, so I don't know how specific this is. When I'm typing somewhere, I get a little keyboard notification up top. The notification is "Select input method: SwiftKey X". It won't go away, even if I click on it and select SwiftKey. Any ideas? Here's a screenshot

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It's there to allow you to switch between keyboards. Like between SwiftKey and the default Android keyboard. It's there whenever you have a keyboard up. It goes away when you dismiss the keyboard.

It's not telling you to select SwiftKey X. It's telling you that you can select your input method, and that your current input method is Swift Key X.

In previous versions of Android, you had to long press on the input field in order to get a popup to allow you to switch keyboards. But that was a hidden feature. You wouldn't know it was there unless you accidentally long pressed the input field or someone told you to do it. This gives you a visual cue.

Reactions: Comineeyeaha

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
If that's all it is, then ok. I was perfectly fine with how it was before, but I think I can learn to live with it :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante