Galaxy Nexus Issues and who do I email to complain?

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Overall, loving my Galaxy Nexus, but as with any phone, there are still some issues....most, if not all I hope could be fixed with a software update. I'm curious as to whether you guys out there are experiencing the same issues, and/or if you have additional issues to add to this list. Also, who exactly (email addresses) should we notify to request assistance form Verizon/Google/Samsung for a fix.

1. Takes absurdly long to go into landscape mode. When I turn my phone on its side, whether while typing or viewing a webpage or video, it takes the screen between 3 and 5 seconds to catch up and switch to landscape view.

2. Phone gets very hot in back.

3. 4G signal regularly drops out to 3G. I've never had a steady 4G connection for an extended period of time.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Overall, loving my Galaxy Nexus, but as with any phone, there are still some issues....most, if not all I hope could be fixed with a software update. I'm curious as to whether you guys out there are experiencing the same issues, and/or if you have additional issues to add to this list. Also, who exactly (email addresses) should we notify to request assistance form Verizon/Google/Samsung for a fix.

1. Takes absurdly long to go into landscape mode. When I turn my phone on its side, whether while typing or viewing a webpage or video, it takes the screen between 3 and 5 seconds to catch up and switch to landscape view.

3. 4G signal regularly drops out to 3G. I've never had a steady 4G connection for an extended period of time.

Your second one isn't an issue. Every dual core phone gets hot if used for an extended period of time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site

1. I notice this too, 5 seconds i cant get to happen though. No matter what im doing. There is a definite pause, 2-3 count. I think this is something that can improve with updates.

2. Whats your definition of very hot? So hot it bothers you to hold? or is it just heating more then your used to? Like mentioned above, these phones can heat up a bit, but it shouldn't be crazy.

3. I have this happen too. But only in weak 4g areas, When 4g is strong its pretty consistent as far as ive noticed. The only other thing i can say regarding this is XDA has "Leaked Radios" available for the Gnex. They have had mixed results but at least we know they can be improved. Still have 2+ weeks to decide at least.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I would be more interested on what the process is to be compensated "EASILY" for all of the outages that Verizon has been experiencing on their network.

By that I dont mean that I need to call someone and wait on the phone for 45 mins only to have to explain myself and the issue and then have them say, " we are not aware of any problems in your area at this time"... please call us back in an hour... and hour later I call back and they credit my account $2.35 for the outage. That my friends is a bunch of BS..!!

It should be as simple as filling out a QUICK online form (or calling in via phone) like any other major company that has a helpdesk system and have it tracked to our satisfaction. I'm sorry, but how they conclude a major network outage all day and my time to place a requst and compension (aprox. 2 hours) to be worth $2.35 is beyond me...

Sorry about the rant... but if anyone knows of a better and quicker online process, I would be happy to listen.... Thanks...!!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I would be more interested on what the process is to be compensated "EASILY" for all of the outages that Verizon has been experiencing on their network.

By that I dont mean that I need to call someone and wait on the phone for 45 mins only to have to explain myself and the issue and then have them say, " we are not aware of any problems in your area at this time"... please call us back in an hour... and hour later I call back and they credit my account $2.35 for the outage. That my friends is a bunch of BS..!!

It should be as simple as filling out a QUICK online form (or calling in via phone) like any other major company that has a helpdesk system and have it tracked to our satisfaction. I'm sorry, but how they conclude a major network outage all day and my time to place a requst and compension (aprox. 2 hours) to be worth $2.35 is beyond me...

Sorry about the rant... but if anyone knows of a better and quicker online process, I would be happy to listen.... Thanks...!!

You won't be able to get more than your usage charges divided by 30 days. And you shouldn't anyways.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
You won't be able to get more than your usage charges divided by 30 days. And you shouldn't anyways.

Thats fine...that's not my issue... my issue is the time it takes to submit a compaint and the process to acquire a refund.

st0ic_1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
All of those issues have been known and you contacting anyone won't do anything productive. You'd just be wasting your time.

gecko

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have been locked out of my camera for 2 days.
every time I try to open it it says:

"(error triangle here) Camera error
------------------------------------------------------
Cannot connect to camera
------------------------------------------------------
ok "

Even whe I hit ok or go to apps and do a force close its still there.
I also discovered that I cannot use my flashlight app as a result.
when I try it says:

"Your Camera is busy, perhaps another App uses it."

My phone is unlocked but has not been rooted, and I have lookout on it so unless there is some miricle new thing out there, the phone is clean.

the only non adroid app I have on it was sweeped by Lookout.

I will say that a power reboot seems to temporarily fix the problem but only for about an hour. then its back
ideas?

Pghdroidette

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Verizon told me Lookout crashes Android phones, so just watch out for it. Also if you are having problems , just exchange the phone...unless its a known issue or something that can be fixed, like the volume. Also a good hard reset may fix the camera issue.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Verizon told me Lookout crashes Android phones, so just watch out for it. Also if you are having problems , just exchange the phone...unless its a known issue or something that can be fixed, like the volume. Also a good hard reset may fix the camera issue.

I used lookout on my droid 2 and droid x with no problems.

u182866

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Like the user who first started this thread, I have noticed the phone getting hot in the area of the top front and top back while charging...not during use.

I have also noticed the following issues and would like to know if anyone has seen the same problems or like the first user who started this thread, tell me who to report them to where something will actually be done. I dont use twitter or facebook (fyi).

1. The news and weather widget that comes with the phone is horrible when it comes to "My Location" and always has me in the wrong location. e.g. Says I am in Long Island City when I am actually in Midtown Manhattan (should say New York). Despite clearing cache and checking where I am in Google Maps it is still wrong. have to do a battery pull for it to reset.

2. When you save a word to the personal dictionary, it appends a space after the last letter. The space only appears when you use the word in application such as mobile banking. Took me 5 days to figure out why it was telling me my user id and password were incorrect. It was because my user id had a space inserted after the last letter.

3. Since there is no SD card slot, I tried copying over some pics (around 70) using Windows 7 and the copy/paste took forever and then bombed out after the fourth pic. Also tried using VZW Media Manager but that is not compatible with this device. How can I transfer my music, pics and video to this phone ??

4. NFL Mobile does not work on this phone. May sound nit picky but I expect more when I purchase a $300 phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Like the user who first started this thread, I have noticed the phone getting hot in the area of the top front and top back while charging...not during use.

I have also noticed the following issues and would like to know if anyone has seen the same problems or like the first user who started this thread, tell me who to report them to where something will actually be done. I dont use twitter or facebook (fyi).

1. The news and weather widget that comes with the phone is horrible when it comes to "My Location" and always has me in the wrong location. e.g. Says I am in Long Island City when I am actually in Midtown Manhattan (should say New York). Despite clearing cache and checking where I am in Google Maps it is still wrong. have to do a battery pull for it to reset.

2. When you save a word to the personal dictionary, it appends a space after the last letter. The space only appears when you use the word in application such as mobile banking. Took me 5 days to figure out why it was telling me my user id and password were incorrect. It was because my user id had a space inserted after the last letter.

3. Since there is no SD card slot, I tried copying over some pics (around 70) using Windows 7 and the copy/paste took forever and then bombed out after the fourth pic. Also tried using VZW Media Manager but that is not compatible with this device. How can I transfer my music, pics and video to this phone ??

4. NFL Mobile does not work on this phone. May sound nit picky but I expect more when I purchase a $300 phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. It's Samsung. Their GPS sucks. Can't expect much more.

2. This has not happened to me. How are you adding the words?

3. You cannot copy directly to the /DCIM/Camera folder. First copy to the preloaded "Pictures" folder and then move them to DCIM.

4. App compatibility has nothing to do with your phone or how much you spent on it. The developer has not updated it to be compatible with ICS and it won't work until it's updated.

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Other bugs:

1. Youtube widget constantly force closes

2. Often times when I attempt to open the Google Music app, instead, it opens the most recent app I used. Then, I have to arrow back, and it just goes to every recent app I used in reverse chronological order, until I finally reach the Music app!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie