EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Probably the first half of January. They announced it about a week ago and its already on the Nexus S, so it shouldn't be long.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
you havnt been prompted yet...i got mine about a week ago when everyone else got it
You're joking right ... right? I have checked for updates at least once a day and haven't gotten it yet. I was actually thinking about rooting just to get the update and prepare for CM9.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
You're joking right ... right? I have checked for updates at least once a day and haven't gotten it yet. I was actually thinking about rooting just to get the update and prepare for CM9.

Yes, 4.0.3 isn't official on the Galaxy Nexus yet. It is on the Nexus S, but not the Galaxy Nexus.

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I thought I wasn't that out of touch. LOL My main reason for not rooting yet is because I manage the mobile devices for the law firm I work for. The main reason for me getting the Nexus was to make sure there were no issues with Good for Enterprise (which we use for email) and ICS. If I root and throw on a custom rom and then start to have issues with email, I will have to go back to stock to troubleshoot wether it is a root issue or an ICS issue. Decisions, decisions ...

not2gutta

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Do you think the update will improve battery life amongst the other bugs????I am mainly concerned about the battery life being the whole point of a mobile phone is to be "mobile". lol

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Do you think the update will improve battery life amongst the other bugs????I am mainly concerned about the battery life being the whole point of a mobile phone is to be "mobile". lol

While I'm all for a better battery and sharper pictures, I need to point out that you didn't buy a mobile phone. You bought a mobile computer. Giant screens and tons of features are traded off with battery life. I remember reading MIT or some school had made giant battery advancements. Maybe in 2 years battery life won't be an issue, but for now, that is the trade off.

gotice

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I love everything about this phone; beautiful screen, skype works amazing on it, it works as a remote control for the time warner cable box and the Google tv, everyday I find something new to fall in love with....my one and only complaint is the volume...hoping 4.03 fixes the too quiet ring tone, music level, and notification tone. Currently, I have volume + and it is not much of an improvement

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I love everything about this phone; beautiful screen, skype works amazing on it, it works as a remote control for the time warner cable box and the Google tv, everyday I find something new to fall in love with....my one and only complaint is the volume...hoping 4.03 fixes the too quiet ring tone, music level, and notification tone. Currently, I have volume + and it is not much of an improvement

Uninstall Volume+ and get Equalizer by SA Labs. That will fix it.

There is a thread about this that can help you.

Reactions: BSG75

evrafter

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I make my own ringtones and my own text notifications with audacity. I have absolutely NO problems with sound. In fact, I have to actually turn my phone down. So its not the phone's fault. Its that of the low volume of the preloaded stock sounds.

Last edited:
Reactions: tony bag o donuts

gotice

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I make my own ringtones and my own text notifications with audacity. I have absolutely NO problems with sound. In fact, I have to actually turn my phone down. So its not the phone's fault. Its that of the low volume of the preloaded stock sounds. Also...some people have hoped the update will fix the soft vibrate. You can ALREADY change that issue, too, in the settings. I initially turned vibration up too much, people could hear me texting. Oops

P.s...to fix vibrate: settings, language & input, android keyboard, advance settings, vibration during settings...waaa laaa. Control up or down.

I don't use stock ring tones either, I use Crazy Train by Ozzy for my ringtone and "You got something to Say" from sopranos for my text message notification, neither come across loud like my OG Droid or Droid 2

evrafter

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't use stock ring tones either, I use Crazy Train by Ozzy for my ringtone and "You got something to Say" from sopranos for my text message notification, neither come across loud like my OG Droid or Droid 2

Hmm...odd. Did you send those through a music editor or buy and download to phone? Perhaps audacity raises the volume?? I know that when I encode, it encodes at 320 quality. Perhaps thats the difference?

E4C

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
P.s...to fix vibrate: settings, language & input, android keyboard, advance settings, vibration during settings...waaa laaa. Control up or down.
This vibration setting is for haptic feedback, not the phone in general. The problem is that the vibrator in the phone itself is weak, not the length of the vibration (which is what that setting controls). With my old Droid X, I could hear the phone vibrating from two rooms away when I got a text message. This one, I sometimes miss it vibrating when I'm in the same room with it. And forget about feeling it vibrating when it's in my pocket.

This is a small gripe, mind you, and not something I can't live with. The phone is leaps and bounds better than the Droid X.

As far as 4.0.3 goes, the only reason I want it is so that the NFC formatting problem is fixed (I heard it is).

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
This vibration setting is for haptic feedback, not the phone in general. The problem is that the vibrator in the phone itself is weak, not the length of the vibration (which is what that setting controls). With my old Droid X, I could hear the phone vibrating from two rooms away when I got a text message. This one, I sometimes miss it vibrating when I'm in the same room with it. And forget about feeling it vibrating when it's in my pocket.

This is a small gripe, mind you, and not something I can't live with. The phone is leaps and bounds better than the Droid X.

As far as 4.0.3 goes, the only reason I want it is so that the NFC formatting problem is fixed (I heard it is).

I'm not sure if I want a phone that has a very loud vibrator. Could cause some awkward moments which could lead to some awkward stares. :p

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac