Polarized Sunglasses

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Good News! If you wear any type of Polarized Eyewear (Snowboarding/Skiing Goggles, sunglasses, prescription glasses...) you will not have any issues viewing this screen. I had issues before on any LCD screen due to the polarization filter on LCD screens. The screen would appear to be off if the device was in landscape. AMOLED screens do not have this problem.

Reactions: D1andOnlyOmen

JPDVM2014#WN

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
This is great to hear. I have Polarized sunglasses on pretty much all the time when I'm outside. I thought I broke my iPad the first time i tried using it outside in landscape mode. Lol.

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
This is funny. This was one of the first things I checked when I bought this phone. My Inspire had a big beautiful screen that I could never see in my car because of my polarized sun glasses. Just one more reason to love this phone.

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I just want to point out that store-bought polarized suglasses can sometimes have this problem.

However, the eyeglass shop that I frequent used custom Nikon polarized non-prescription lenses
and fitted them to my frames. They can adjust the lens to the right angle to avoid problems like
not being able to seen the factory navigation screens in cars. (which is why I went to them in the
first place) These Nikon lenses are not cheap... about $80 per lens.($160 for the pair) plus cost of
frames....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci