Handcent still sending texts to wrong people after update

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I thought they had this issue fixed with the last update but I had texts not go to the intended person again today. I'm fed up enough with all of these SMS apps doing this with ICS that I'm going back to stock until there is a definite fix with them. Anyone else still having this issue?

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Are you sending those texts through the pop up? The pop up that shows is exactly what it should be. Can be wrong person. Ive been good since I don't use pop up.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Are you sending those texts through the pop up? The pop up that shows is exactly what it should be. Can be wrong person. Ive been good since I don't use pop up.

No. I don't like the pop ups popping up at random times. Especially if I'm doing something else or someone else is looking at my phone. Just tell me I have a message and I'll go look at it

Eleni 22

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Not responding from the pop op. Opening a name and after i send it a different name pops up. Happens with chomp sms too.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Not responding from the pop op. Opening a name and after i send it a different name pops up. Happens with chomp sms too.

do you have the latest handcent update from just a few days ago? It was supposed to have fixed the ics problems

Eleni 22

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes I do strange that it happens in both apps though. First handcent uninstalled and then tried chomp and did the same thing

ScooberJake

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Same thing here. Handcent was only seeing the first 10 people in my groups (even though the people app showed more) so I gave Go SMS a try. I like it much better.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Same thing here. Handcent was only seeing the first 10 people in my groups (even though the people app showed more) so I gave Go SMS a try. I like it much better.

I liked GoSMS, but had all sorts of problems with it sending texts to the wrong people. I see there was a 1/10 update. Have you had any problems?

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I saw the original complaint about this and took it to heart, but I never stopped using Handcent and this has never happened to me.

Those it's happened to, how many texts are on your phone and to how many contacts? Are you a heavy texter?

I wonder if it could be something I saw happen with my Incredible once or twice. Say you select the top message thread in Handcent and start to type a message. Then you get a message from a different contact. If you were to back out of the thread, the new message would be the top thread. What I had happen once or twice was that the message I started typing would send as part of the new top thread, and not as part of the thread I started it in. This only happened when it was very close in time: say, five seconds or less between receiving the new text and sending the draft.

Sound like that might be what happened to some of you? If so, the fix is to wait a while before clicking send after receiving another text, or backing out and confirming that your message is still part of the correct thread. I think this is a problem of how Android databases messages, so you'll encounter it with any third-party app. I think there was a thread about it here way back when...

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me twice on razr.. Good thing the text wasn't private or otherwise awkward. Most recently was 1 week ago

airtime

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I just had this prob last weekend. Thought it was me at first, but I still didnt like that it happened. I'm using Handcent. Then yesterday it did it again. I've noticed that the 3 times it has done it, the person recieving the text (the wrong person) was the recipient of previous texts that I had just deleted. So I deleted the text threads (from person A) from my phone, person B texts me, and I reply to them. (I know its them, because I can see the conversation in front of me) and it goes back to person A, not person B. Its almost as if the original thread from person A never got deleted. This is just recently, and its a little un-nerving. I even tried a restart after the first time thinking the phone might have hiccupped, and no help. Is this a Handcent issue, or a phone issue. Problem is, I cant tell with the stock mssging program, because it mirrors what I put in Handcent. I need help quickly, anyone?

Revolutionary- I know what youre saying, but that wasnt my case. In all 3 cases, there was ample time in between texts. It still shows up in my conversation as a reply to person B, but when you look at mssg details, it will show it sent to person A.

Last edited:

airtime

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I remember some people saying something about that, but I thought it was pulling up the wrong conv. when it was selected, then sending to that person. This one is actually showing in the conversation, as a reply, its just when I go to mssg details that I can see it went somewhere else. All my rated R conversations just went to G....lol. Seriously, this sucks tho.

Im just waiting for the day that it updates my FB status through a wrong text message number....wont that be nice.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma