Nova launcher

sc0rpion

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I keep seeing posts about how good Nova launcher is for the Nexus, but I cant seem to find it in the market. What search terms do I use to find it? I've tried 'nova' and 'nova launcher' to no avail. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Its not in the market there's a link to it on the XDA forums .Google "Nova Launcher XDA" without the quotes,it will show up.

Edit:
I removed the link wasn't sure I should have posted that after all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
newbie here...how do u install an apk? im trying to get nova without rooting

Make sure you can install apps from unknown sources by going into setting-->security-->check the box for unknown sources. Save the file to your phone and open it with something like astro file manager. Then just follow the prompts on the screen to install the apk file.

sc0rpion

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
It will be installed on your phone like an app or launcher off of the market, just go to settings/apps and uninstall it like anything else then you will be back to default launcher.

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
best part of Nova Launcher

Screenshot_2012-01-01-09-13-14.png

no Search Widget on top

dlh

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
DLed the nova launcher. Works great. Keeps all of ICS goodness and adds in what I was using on my previous phone with go launcher - like additional home screens, landscape orientation, dock options, etc.

And its from the maker of widget locker which has always been high quality.

Definitely recommend.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm a big fan of the Nova Launcher. I really like the stock Launcher, but wanted something with some more customization and this keeps everything good about the stock ICS launcher and adds to it.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
This launcher is perfect! I can't say enough how happy I am with it.
Got rid of the search bar at the top, not that it really bothered me but it was wasting space, I am able to add more columns and rows as well as resize Widgets
Only things I need now is a little better battery life and better reception, both of witch I hope comes with an update or rom in the future.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon