Antenna burned out after 1 day, no service

rockymelboa

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Just got my galaxy nexus 2 days ago from Amazon Wireless... it took 10 days to get here since I jumped on that $150 deal, but anyway... I think my cell antenna burned out...

I ported my number from my Nexus One on Tmobile and everything went great for the first day and a half. I synced everything up and it was all good.

Yesterday around 5 I noticed the phone getting really hot near the camera (not on wifi, I read that thread, too) and I didn't have service. I figured it was just because I was in a store and when I walked out service would return. Not so. I rebooted my phone, nothing. I call Verizon tech support. They walked me through all the obvious things. Airplane mode off, LTE/CDMA checked, tried only CDMA. Pulled and replaced sim and battery. They were so confused that it wasn't just 4g that was out. NO SERVICE AT ALL. It doesn't even say Verizon when I pull the notification bar down. Anyway, they said the Sim is probably bad... so I took it to a store, swapped the Sim. No change. Factory reset. No change.

Amazon Wireless is now processing my exchange, but says the new phone won't be in until the 17th of January!

Has anyone else had this issue? Possible fixes? Also, the phone still gets hot around that area when I use it and the battery drains within 3 hrs with no use. Any help is appreciated!

angermeans

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
And this is the reason I dont buy from third party retailers. I have heard a lot of horror stories about reboxing of returned devices etc (not specifically have I heard about this from Amazon). I wish you luck my friend and I hope you will be reuinited with this great phone soon. Hang in there it will be worth it and you will end up saving 50% you are a better man than me I paid the extra as I couldnt wait and I felt the best phone of the year warrants a $300 price tag.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
The only time my GNex got warm/hot around the camera area was the first time after activation when it was downloading/restoring all my apps off the Market on 4G. It got kinda toasty warm.

Yours sounds defective.

JoeMimic

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I too got my Nexus from Amazon but unlike you I was never actually able to activate it. Just wouldn't connect to the network to activate. I spent over an hour in the Verizon store working with a rep and their tech support. Totally defective device so now I have to send it back and wait for them to get another shipment in. Sorry to hear about your issue but you aren't alone!