Call Recorder app that works?

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
It is so annoying when anyone asks about a recorder it goes to a legal topic. Thats not the point of this thread .The OP was asking a question. I record conversations daily as part of my career. When we sell a Life insurance policy over the phone its required to record the application as it becomes the voice signature and a legal binding document. Sometimes I am away from work and would need this to complete a sale. It would be nice to have an app that does this.

mlacla22

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Get a Google Voice number. You can record the call with it. It will notify the caller that they are being recorded.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using 4.0.2

Tom Tipps

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a rooted T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989, Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich running the Jedi Mind Trick X2 ROM. I bought CallRecorder from Skvalex, version 1.3.1 full. Set preferences to: recording calls (yes), device (Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 4 ICS), record calls from (standard android api), call recording format (api), show notification (yes). In Advanced menu only the following checked in the OUTGOING & INCOMING CALLS: wake lock during a call, show notification during a call, in-call control. Also under INCOMING CALLS in same menu, in-call control is checked. In same menu items checked under AUDIO PLAYER: use default player, show audio output preference, use proximity sensor, android decoder for WAV, and android decoder for AMR. Works perfectly without bluetooth connected, recording clearly both sides of the conversation through the line connection.

To use bluetooth pay attention: Within CallRecorder go to Menu, Preferences, Standard Andriod API Preferences, and fix the following to: Audio Sourch (Voice call uplink + downlink), Action on BT connected (switch audio source), Audio source when BT headset connected (voice call uplink + downlink), BT connected = BT enabled (checked).

Enjoy! Now you can be driving or without note paper and never miss important details or customer requests again.

joeybcdt

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, Tom. It works! It only took a year to get a good answer but very glad eventually got it.

Galaxy Nexus. MUST install Alsamixer first.

I have a rooted T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989, Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich running the Jedi Mind Trick X2 ROM. I bought CallRecorder from Skvalex, version 1.3.1 full. Set preferences to: recording calls (yes), device (Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 4 ICS), record calls from (standard android api), call recording format (api), show notification (yes). In Advanced menu only the following checked in the OUTGOING & INCOMING CALLS: wake lock during a call, show notification during a call, in-call control. Also under INCOMING CALLS in same menu, in-call control is checked. In same menu items checked under AUDIO PLAYER: use default player, show audio output preference, use proximity sensor, android decoder for WAV, and android decoder for AMR. Works perfectly without bluetooth connected, recording clearly both sides of the conversation through the line connection.

To use bluetooth pay attention: Within CallRecorder go to Menu, Preferences, Standard Andriod API Preferences, and fix the following to: Audio Sourch (Voice call uplink + downlink), Action on BT connected (switch audio source), Audio source when BT headset connected (voice call uplink + downlink), BT connected = BT enabled (checked).

Enjoy! Now you can be driving or without note paper and never miss important details or customer requests again.

RodHammon

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Try the app called Sanity there is a free version and a paid one. It does alot more then just record. Plus on some of the MIUI mods there is a recorder for the phone it works better then Sanity but not every MIUI has it.

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Does sanity work on jelly bean? Call Recorder works marginally because there is a constant clicking in the background on jelly bean.

northia

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I use the paid version of InCall Recorder. It works fine on my Galaxy Note 1 and the beauty of it is that it stores the calls in Dropbox by folder name of the person you chat with.

What I am looking for is I have Nexus 7 (original) and have VOIP (Vonage) and would like to record calls on that when I make one but have nad no look finding one so any suggestions/help would be appreciated. O and if you wonder why I would like to use my Nexus for phone calls well it is on my desk and it is easy to have hands free. Hopefully this will be a stop gap measure until the Galaxy Tab 8 T311 is released in the U K as that has a slot for a sim card to send/receive calls.

Dan Marler

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Please note: While different states view recording differently most do allow it under certain circumstances.

Most recording laws are there to guard against planting "bugs". Recording conversations is common and most office phone systems now include a "record" button to capture a conversation as do many home systems. I use mine legally all the time to recall conversations and make sure nothing gets lost between the cracks of memory.

Check you state laws, but in most cases having a phone app to record conversations your taking part in is legal.

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Dan-
"but in most cases having a phone app to record conversations your taking part in is legal. "
Actually, that has nothing to do with cell phones. According to the FCC, who have sole authority over them, cell phones ARE NOT TELEPHONES they are radios.

States usually have "wiretapping" laws, which apply to a third party secretly recording a wired telephone call or wired telegraph. Wiretapping by definition is not possible on radios, only on wired lines. So the vast majority (if not all) state laws apply differently to cell phones, which legally are not phones. (They're just radios that are patched into the telephone system.)

The bottom line is that someone in the US is instigating a great deal of FUD and somehow disabling Android's native recording abilities. Bear in mind, the cell phone companies have no problem selling phones that clandestinely record video--and that's illegal almost everywhere. Cell phones are being used for locker room videos, upskirt videos, all sorts of illegal uses and the carriers see no problem with allowing that, when they could easily disable it, or force the phones to show a red light, etc.

So all the "illegal to record" business? FUD. It is 90% incorrect and someone with an agenda is behind it all. Anyone who can figure out who, gets a big prize.

--Redd

Tina Thompson3

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
In Texas, any party to a telephone conversation can knowingly legally record a call. If a conference call, it still holds true, only one participant on the call has to know to be legal.

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Tina-
Each state has their own definitions of what a "telephone" is. But the FCC, who has the sole authority over radio equipment by Congressional decree, has stated that cell phones are NOT PHONES, they ARE RADIOS and as such they are totally exempt from all telephonic and telegraphic wiretap laws, which simply do not apply to radios and radio transmissions.

Better to ask, who or what has the power and ability to remove the Android code necessary to allow simple call recording. The Android OS allows the call audio streams to be redirected anywhere. That might prevent them from being surreptitiously directed to a "bug", because the audio stream was no longer what the bug expected.

So...there may very well be a backdoor that allows bugging of all Android phones. And whoever coded the backdoor, may have disabled the native Android code to ensure it doesn't allow the backdoor being bypassed or locked out.

Paranoia? Only if you can figure out a better reason why a different player has removed code from basically every Android phone on the US market--and only on the US market.

Wiretap laws? Fuggedaboudit. That's FUD from the phone company. If the phone company was protecting you from anything, they'd have to disable the video recording features as well, to prevent clandestine locker room and upskirt videos. THAT'S illegal in almost every state, and your cellular companies allow it without blinking an eye.

State and federal laws have no role in why the code has been removed.

Jennan

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the HTC One m8 and have been able to record conversations on an HTC for the first time. I've been using a program called ACR and it's worked flawlessly. Try the free version first, if you update to the full version, you can upload your conversations to your cloud drive.
Good Luck!

eandroider

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! Thanks Tom! This worked great on my first try. I did install alsamixer, got a free trial of Skyvalex Callrecorder, set phone to other since mine wasn't listed, used the API. Thanks again!

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Do those work on a retail phone? Or did you forget to mention that your phones are rooted?

Skvalex, like Total Recall, requires root access on most phones. Which will break Apple Pay, among other issues. (And the root cloak doesn't always work, either.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21