Call Recorder app that works?

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Using CallRecorder by Skvalex in Market would be awesomely ideal. Can't believe their hasn't been more serious conversation held about this either...DOH

kesnik

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Just throwing this out there but recording a telephone call without the other person's consent may be considered a felony in some states.

In some states only one party needs to have knowledge of the recording.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but if it's legal in your state and you intitiate the call then would that be an issue if the receiving party was in another state?

I'm not a lawyer, but just curious.
If something is important that it has to be recorded I follow up with an email or keep a log of what transpired.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The whole legality subject is stupid and would only matter in a court case. I doubt the OP is trying to get someone in the mob to confess a murder. He's probably just wanting to be able to record a call when someone is about to give directions or a phone number or address.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
The whole legality subject is stupid and would only matter in a court case. I doubt the OP is trying to get someone in the mob to confess a murder. He's probably just wanting to be able to record a call when someone is about to give directions or a phone number or address.

It's not stupid, it's just information the OP can ignore if they like.

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Google Voice when you press 4 will record your conversation. It announces to everyone on the line too. Great for conference calls.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Voice for recording. Works great. I wouldn't worry about legal issues since it announces to the other person that the call is now being recorded. If they're not okay with that, they can just hang up. If they keep talking, they're basically agreeing to it. :p

bagarwa

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I seriously got the shock of my life when I noticed that my 'smartphone' doesn't have a call record feature. ...!!! :confused: Even the most basic phones I ever had, had the call recording feature. And these 'smartphone' don't have it. No, correction. Can't support it...!!!! FAIL....
Giving the CallRecorder app a try. Total Recall hadn't worked.

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
According to Google, they DROPPED FULL SUPPORT FOR CALL RECORDING A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO.

You can now record INCOMING calls only, not outgoing calls. So using GoogleVoice for call recording won't work if you're placing the call.

Much as I admire the spirit of it, I can't wonder why so many misinformed people clutter up a technical thread with cries over the legalities of call recording. Hey, I can buy a steak knife, and I can stab you to death with it. Many people do that, killing with steak knives, baseball bats, golf clubs. But if I ask a question about which golf club or steak knife to buy, no one mentions that can be used to commit crimes.

Call recorders are the same way, folks. There are many legal uses for them, there are many MANDATORY uses for them. If the OP isn't asking about the legalities, assume they don't want to hear about that until and unless there's a product that actually can do the job.

Why so many companies are disabling this native Android feature and locking out access to it, might be a better question to ask. Under the Android license terms, either you make the entire bundle available, or you can't get a license. Go ask about that.

Under the USB license, you can't use the term"USB" for a plug unless it is installed correctly, with the "top" side up or facing the user. Under those terms, Motorola is in violation along with many other large companies who install their microUSB plugs upside down.

By all means, ask about legalities, but first respond on point: Call recording software!

joeybcdt

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I seriously got the shock of my life when I noticed that my 'smartphone' doesn't have a call record feature. ...!!! :confused: Even the most basic phones I ever had, had the call recording feature. And these 'smartphone' don't have it. No, correction. Can't support it...!!!! FAIL....
Giving the CallRecorder app a try. Total Recall hadn't worked.

How did CallRecorder work?