Voice Actions Shortcut - Resolved - Also, "I love your phone"

sccpmusc26

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
For starters, yesterday my Nexus not only had 1, but 2 comment from iPhone users who said "I actually like that better than my phone!" I've had my share of Android phones and owned the original iPhone and iPhone 4... I can honestly say I couldn't agree more. The Nexus is the best phone I've ever owned. I do hate it when people refer to it as a "Droid" but w/e. Anyway, on to something more useful:

For those of you looking for a shortcut to voice actions (since the small mic on the search bar is a pain in the ass to hit), you can download an old apk, side load it, then update it via the market. It will replace the current voice actions, but if you uninstall it, the one that came with the phone will reappear. I downloaded and installed an old apk, upgraded it, but it's the version prior to ICS. The only difference l've noticed have been strictly cosmetic.

You can google "voice actions apk". I'm not sure if posting a direct link to a google apk would be frowned upon so I'll keep my source secret for the moment. A little digging and you'll have it though.

ANYWAY, happy new year Nexi owners. <3 U

rickt1152

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
This works. I side loaded 2.14 and now have separate voice search icon which I put on dock. Almost like old dedicated search button.

With using nova launcher, this is very useful, since you're able to remove the search bar at the top of every screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
There are mods out there for rooted users to add the dedicated search button back to the navigation buttons bar. I have said mod applied to my phone. Works flawlessly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon