Best app for finding/locking lost or stolen phone?

albertsm

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Avast since they purchased Theft Aware. Has options for root users and everything can be controlled via SMS (lock, locate, wipe, etc).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

TeMpTeK

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
The "Android Lost" app is AWESOME..... it works perfectly on my galaxy note 2.. The developer explained why the website looks cheesy... he said hes an engineer and not a web developer.. I cant imagine they would have spent so much time making such a great app just to scam.. this guy can make money with this app.. i would pay for it.. its that good

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Dude AndroidLost is amazing. Just helped me unlock my phone because the text password I thought I entered was something else. GPS location works, remote vibrate etc looks good so far.

Colour me impressed. Be sure to enable Admin or something like that to get full functionality.

Try it out and I hope the developer continues to work on it.

Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I've tried Lookout. I've tried AndroidLost. I've tried Find My Droid. I eventually tried and settled on Cerberus. Very powerful, all the features including wipe, lockout, etc. I can manage up to 5 phones from one account.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Cerebus for me! Even allows you to take a picture with the front camera when the "thief" swipes away the customs message you sent to you phone, and emails you the photo!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've tried Lookout. I've tried AndroidLost. I've tried Find My Droid. I eventually tried and settled on Cerberus. Very powerful, all the features including wipe, lockout, etc. I can manage up to 5 phones from one account.

Can you send an sms from another phone if you lose your phone in your house?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I use fetch my droi but don't have a need for remote wipe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I thought that too. Until I dropped my phone and destroyed the screen. The phone still worked but I just couldn't see anything. Before I turned it over to the phone company for a replacement I wanted to make sure it was wiped. I'm glad I had Cerberus installed.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
This should be built into the hardware by manufacturers. It has a hardware address and it's relatively useless if it's not connected to phone or internet data. If it's stolen, there's no reason it should ever work again. If that was the case, no-one would steal phones.

nuchdog

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Cerebus for me! Even allows you to take a picture with the front camera when the "thief" swipes away the customs message you sent to you phone, and emails you the photo!

Definitely a vote for Cerberus!! Can make it snap pics, wipe it, make it ring, get a gps fix, anything you want. From a PC or other phone even.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
This should be built into the hardware by manufacturers. It has a hardware address and it's relatively useless if it's not connected to phone or internet data. If it's stolen, there's no reason it should ever work again. If that was the case, no-one would steal phones.

Wouldn't say no one. Would reduce theft but not get rid of it because

1) Thieves can be very dumb. And can still sell to a dumb unaware buyer as well who would get screwed.
2) Two words. Spare parts.

Still would drop the rate drastically. The hassle of breaking down a phone yourself is huge. I can't imagine phone repair shops would buy hot/non-functional phones but who knows. Maybe spawn phone chop shops.

Would help if all phones started coming with it built in and it was publicized in a huge way. People everywhere would have to know. And it would still take awhile for all phones, or a majority, to sport the new universal hardware features. Until then thieves would still jack and check hoping to get a phone from prior to this future standard.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ssummer

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Just a note for those considering Cerberus or Lookout:

Cerberus gives you a free one week trial, then it's a one-time payment of 2.99 euro
Lookout is free but you need a Premium subscription ($2.99/month) for remote lock and wipe.

And for those that happen to lose their phone before installing any of the above mentioned apps, there is always Plan B by Lookout (which is free).