Tag photos in Facebook for Android app

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Is anybody able to tag photos in the Facebook for Android app? If so how do you do it? I can't figure it out at all. It seems like it should be as simple as opening your photo in the Facebook app and tapping on a persons face but that doesn't do anything.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Wrong Forum. This should be in the Applications forum under Android Chat. Try asking your question in there.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Well I figured that since the Facebook for Android app behaves differently on different phones that this would be the perfect forum to ask the question in since I have a Galaxy Nexus and all... but apparently not.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if everyone here uses Facebook. Didn't mean it in the Wong way. Just meant that you might get more answers there. Trying to be a Google+ convert myself lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

fabulas

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
the latest Facebook for Android is the worst ever! I can't get over the speed/slowness of it. Not really answering your question, but just venting about how bad the app has gotten.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Don't know if everyone here uses Facebook. Didn't mean it in the Wong way. Just meant that you might get more answers there. Trying to be a Google+ convert myself lol

No biggie. I was just wondering if maybe it just wasn't working for the SGN. From what I gather the tagging just doesn't work from the app anymore on any phone. Not sure why they'd take that out of the app.

I'd like to convert to Google+ exclusively too but I have too many friends that just won't leave Facebook.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Not on the Nexus.
I thought I was crazy but on my DINC I thought I could, but not on the GN. Heck half the time it won't let me mention/ tag people.
I too am going the G+ route and I assume that's what google wants, but I still use FB for my business/ fan page.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
^that's what i was thinking too. I remember the tagging feature came out on version 1.7 I believe it was but from reading the comments on the Facebook for Android facebook page it seems like they have removed the photo tagging since then. Doesn't make much sense why they'd do that.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
^that's what i was thinking too. I remember the tagging feature came out on version 1.7 I believe it was but from reading the comments on the Facebook for Android facebook page it seems like they have removed the photo tagging since then. Doesn't make much sense why they'd do that.

Cause FB is the new MS

Turbod

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
You can still tag photos in FB with GN. The last 2 FB updates have seemed to screw up the normal upload and tagging procedure. Open the app, hit the 3 line menu icon on top left, scroll down to photos. Then when album list opens up, hit + in top right corner. Select where you are adding photo from, then touch in photo to start tagging.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
You can still tag photos in FB with GN. The last 2 FB updates have seemed to screw up the normal upload and tagging procedure. Open the app, hit the 3 line menu icon on top left, scroll down to photos. Then when album list opens up, hit + in top right corner. Select where you are adding photo from, then touch in photo to start tagging.

Thank you! That works! It's a little more confusing than it should be but it works. Thanks again! :)

CongBroChill17

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Now what if you want to tag a photo already on Facebook as opposed to one you are uploading?

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that's possible on the Facebook app. But then again I didn't know how to do it at all before Turbod came in here. That's what I was hoping to do myself since I already have a ton of photos uploaded with no tags.

Turbod

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry guys, I have yet to find a way to tag photos already uploaded from the app. I use the browser and hit FB from there. Switch to Desktop View at the very bottom of the menu list, find the photo, then pick tag photo that is ON bottom right corner of it. Then normal steps as usual, tap picture etc.. It's a workaround, since the app doesn't appear to do it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084