honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Just got the galaxy nexus today and love it but i was wondering does this phone have hdmi capabilites like micro usb to hdmi? And another question that just came to me while i was typing this message on the phone why dont i have auto correction on the web browser? As im typing right now on the phone there is no auto correct but when i go to messages it works great thanks for any help

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
You can get an adapter for HDMI.

I use Dolphin as my browser and it has spell correction so I can't say much on that one.

Reactions: honex97

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Awesome thanks alot and that adapter what does it do? Does it mirror everything on the phone or just certain things?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Can you charge the phone while you are using the USB > HDMI adapter?

Yeah, that's why you should get one with the power pass through. Not all TVs are MHL compatible meaning that they can't charge the device through the HDMI cable, so you need to plug in your phone if you want to watch a movie on it.

doomsdalicious

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's why you should get one with the power pass through. Not all tvs are MHL compatible meaning that they can't charge the device through the HDMI cable, so you need to plug in your phone if you want to watch a movie on it.

Gotcha, thanks for the reply. As far as I can tell there is no way to charge your phone while using the HDMI adapter because they both leverage the USB port unless the HDMI charges it via MHL via the TV. So basically if your TV doesn't charge the phone while doing HTMI, then you are up a creek! I guess I didn't mind the separate HDMI port on the Moto phones for this reason, but I would never give up my Nex...

kjhee43

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha, thanks for the reply. As far as I can tell there is no way to charge your phone while using the HDMI adapter because they both leverage the USB port unless the HDMI charges it via MHL via the TV. So basically if your TV doesn't charge the phone while doing HTMI, then you are up a creek! I guess I didn't mind the separate HDMI port on the Moto phones for this reason, but I would never give up my Nex...

If you look at the link I posted in the second post, it is an adapter with a power pass through. That means you can charge while watching a movie so it doesn't die.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If you look at the link I posted in the second post, it is an adapter with a power pass through. That means you can charge while watching a movie so it doesn't die.

Well and so does the one on Monoprice.com. In fact it's easier to see on the Monoprice.com one. It doesn't mention the power pass through, but you can clearly see it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463