Reminder: Don't forget to trade in your old phone

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
This is just a quick reminder to trade in your old phone. Verizon has a trade in site (link) that makes it easy. I found their trade in value to be higher than Gizelle and you don't need packaging, battery or cables. They'll send you an envelope to put it in for return shipment and you'll get a Verizon gift card that never expires and can be used to pay your Verizon bill or buy accessories.

I traded in my Thunderbolt and got $90 which I used toward buying my wife a Galaxy Nexus.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I used Craigs List to sell my Bionic. I got almost $400.00. I looked at those other sites, but found I could get more if I did it through craigs list.

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I can get at least $50 more for my phone if I sell it in rather than trade it in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Lol poor guy. His thread backfired on him and now he must feel like he got ripped off.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Lol poor guy. His thread backfired on him and now he must feel like he got ripped off.

Actually, my eyes have been opened. I've learned something that will help me in the future. Hopefully, others will learn from this also.

However, one of the common themes in this thread is that they've posted their phone for sale on Craigslist. Yet there's not a running theme that they've sold them on Craigslist.

I once posted a sofa and love seat on Cragslist for $100. The price was less than other comparable postings. After a month with not even a single email I took it off Craigslist and gave them away. So, I know from first hand experience that posting on Craigslist and selling are two completely different actions.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My old phones usually go in my sock drawer.I keep them as backups but actually never had to put a retired phone back online .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Actually, my eyes have been opened. I've learned something that will help me in the future. Hopefully, others will learn from this also.

However, one of the common themes in this thread is that they've posted their phone for sale on Craigslist. Yet there's not a running theme that they've sold them on Craigslist.

I once posted a sofa and love seat on Cragslist for $100. The price was less than other comparable postings. After a month with not even a single email I took it off Craigslist and gave them away. So, I know from first hand experience that posting on Craigslist and selling are two completely different actions.

No one has said it hasn't sold. They've either said they'd rather go that route and put it on Craigslist or it actually sold.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

S281

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
To trade in, does the phone have to be perfect? my DX and D2 both have some screen issue's (not cracked)

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
To trade in, does the phone have to be perfect? my DX and D2 both have some screen issue's (not cracked)

They ask three questions:
1. Does the device power up?
2. Does the display work?
3. Is the display cracked?

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I just sold my Droid X with the desktop dock on ebay for $100. I probably could've gotten more on Craigslist and without the fees ebay/Paypal charges, but I'm kinda paranoid with Craigslist. I feel like it's shady, especially reading about people getting shafted or shot up or something :p, even when meeting in a public place. But I'm sure you could probably get some good deals on there; I know my uncle certainly does.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I traded in my LG Revolution just because i didn't feel like selling it on ebay. Its been a few weeks and i still haven't gotten my gift card. I heard it could take up to 5 weeks. That's ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret