Phone Reboots Every Time When Using Amazon MP3 Cloud

Apota

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I see people posting about random reboots, but mine isn't random. It happens every time I stream music via the Amazon MP3 Cloud. I have the phone in my car plugged into the cigarette lighter charger and I'm streaming music and playing it via the headphone jack plugged into my car stereo system. I have the screen set to sleep at 10 minutes. So, it seems to go to sleep after 10 minutes and then the music stops and the phone reboots. It seems to do this every single time. I have a stock phone. Any ideas of things to try? Maybe I should try a different cigarette lighter adapter but I doubt that will make a difference. Is there any way to keep the phone from sleeping? Maybe that will fix the problem too? Thanks for your help and time...

anon(525422)

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used Amazon MP3 much yet on the GN but no major issues so far. I just ran a couple of tests after reading your post: streaming from Amazon, I let the screen go to sleep (currently at 2 mins), and also let it switch to the next track while the screen was off in case that triggered anything... but no problems, certainly no reboots. Tested via wifi and 4G separately, same result.

Have you tested without the charger plugged in at all, just running from battery? I don't think I've used Amazon MP3 with the phone plugged into any kind of power source yet, and I don't have a cable handy to run that test.

Also, do you have any apps that modify the lock screen, in case they're getting loaded as the display switches off? No idea if that could cause it, just throwing out potential variables as I think of them... I have every sympathy for any poor soul stuck without their music. ;)

Apota

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have mine set to 10 minutes and it has rebooted every single time. I have only tried it while in my car and had it plugged into both the cigarette charger & the audio phone jack. I also am using 3G I haven't tried 4G because that's not available in my area yet and I haven't tried WiFi because I just use it while driving in my car. I haven't installed any apps yet except for games and social media and that's pretty much it. I'll try it when I'm at home with it not plugged into the charger and with 3G and WiFi and see if it makes a difference, and also try changing it from 10 minutes to 2 minutes. I'll also try it with a speaker plugged in and without a speaker plugged in and see what the results are. I'm also uploading all my music to the Google Music Cloud right now. That might just be an easier solution to all of this messing around. Thanks!

PS - I also have blu-tooth enabled incase that matters or not.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca