Webdav server for Gnex [SOLVED]

jackrv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I was going to post this in the Android Applications forum, but since it is pretty much a Galaxy Nexus specific question, I decided to try it here. Feel free to move if necessary.

I am on a Mac. Without UMS support, the Galaxy Nexus does not show up in finder. I must use the Android File Transfer utility to move files, say, photos I take. I can't even import photos directly into Picasa or Aperture without copying them manually to a local disk.

I can, however, mount Webdav server shares directly into Finder. Are there any such programs available for Android? I've seen Webdav clients on the app store, but no servers that give access to the virtual SD Card. It would make life much easier for me, since I can set my Nexus to have a static IP when on my home Wifi and just set up a webdav connection from my Mac. Any time my nexus is in my house, I would be able to browse it (in theory).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: I found DavDrive on the market which works flawlessly. Has a paid and lite version, a few more tests and I'll be upgrading to paid. Now I can map a drive in both Mac and Windows (with a davclient) and have my phone part of my filesystem like USB Mass Storage ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: seanubis

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this - I've been experimenting with different workarounds for the Mac's lack of MTP support, and DavDrive looks like a great solution.

Did you buy the paid version yet? What's the difference between lite and paid?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781