Verizon Galaxy Nexus .........A flawed phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dion1126

Banned
Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I see a lot of people making excuses for this phone, the truth is that without ICS this would be a middle of the road phone. Sure the screen is top notch but the rest of the phone is horrible!!!! I got the gn on launch day and yes I was making the same excuses as some of the rest of you, but in reality the gn does not meet the bill when it comes to performance.

It's almost embarassing listening to some of the excuses that come from some of you ,when you know deep down that the gn is not a good phone at the moment!! I returned my gn like a lot of others have, but I went one step further.......I went to AT&T !!! Since switching I have never been happier with my service! I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, and am very happy now due to the fact that the phone works as it should!!!

I do miss ICS but we should be getting an upgrade soon enough. The gsm network vs. the cmda network is like night and day .....gsm is far better ....google it sometime!! As far as the camera goes...yes it shoots fast photos, but the photo quality is horrible. I know its not always about the pixels, but why would they put an outdated 5mp camera on their flagship device?

As far as the signal problem....IT DOES EXIST PEOPLE That is why most people are returning this phone!!! They can come out with all the excuses they want , but until they fix this one issue this phone will continue to be returned and people will never truly be happy with it. What good are fast updates if the equipment is flawed? I want a phone that performs the way it should now and not later " after a few updates!"

Last edited:
Reactions: mears

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
main-troll.jpg

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Each and every 4G LTE that has been released have had numerous problems. The Nexus is no different.

I'm not sure what forums the OP has been frequenting, but I think the majority of us Nexus owners are aware of its problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Premium1

gottherim4

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I am a stalker here on the boards, but am now breaking my silence. It bothers me to see someone come out hating like this post. I just got the GN 4 days ago. I went from an OG Droid to Droid 3 to GN (and returned a TBolt shortly after it came out, the coverage wasn't good in my area at the time and battery life was bad).

The nexus has been amazing. My wife (with the iPhone 4s) had nothing bad to say about the GN (she normal will find flaws she doesn't like with android). My house is in a 3G-only area (for now) and get very weak signal inside my house (0-1 bars on all devices). My work blackberry is with Verizon, and I drop 50% of calls in my house. My Droid 3 also dropped around 25% of calls. My GN has dropped zero calls and I believe it is because the 3G is different in this phone (not the current CDMA technology). All I know is my experience has been phenomenal.

I understand that not everyone will find the phone signal works in their area, or the hardware/software will offer everything they want or need. I believe there are many of us GN owners that are satisfied, and find this to be the mobile device they were waiting and hoping for.

Reactions: Premium1

dion1126

Banned
Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Weird I have zero issues with my phone and it performs top notch. Troll.

If you have no problems with your phone ....great!!!! You are the minority not the majority!!! I can't believe that you people are so fanatical about a phone that you would be offended by someone else who doesn't like the phone!! I have nothing else to say......Have a nice GEEKY life......WOW!!!

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It's unfortunate you don't find the Nexus to your liking. Understandably, as with any phone, it's not for everyone.

Enjoy your SGSII Skyrocket!

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I've also had zero issues....I think a majority of people problem have few to no issues....but the majority of people that post about a phone (or any device for that matter) are the ones with issues so it greatly skews the preception about issues.

Reactions: oxymoron

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If you have no problems with your phone ....great!!!! You are the minority not the majority!!! I can't believe that you people are so fanatical about a phone that you would be offended by someone else who doesn't like the phone!! I have nothing else to say......Have a nice GEEKY life......WOW!!!

If you would like to discuss why you didn't care for your Nexus feel free but please don't upset when others are enjoying their phones.

I must be in the minority too because I'm very happy with mine it could have a better reception but I have never owned a phone without any flaws. As for AT&T I love the fact when I go in northern Michigan I have to use my tethering app's so my AT&T friend can use their phones since they can't get a signal.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Ok let me get this straight. You returned the nexus and went to at&t and have a skyrocket. So why are you coming on a verizon forum saying you returned a phone? You can fill in the details and see why people call you a troll. Not to mention you have 3 posts and if you are so happy with the skyrocket go sing its praises in its own forum. Simple as that. I have no issues with the nexus and maybe I am the minority but for me it works so I do not care if I am indeed in the minority. The nexus isn't for everyone and clueless people like yourself do not understand that.

Reactions: rew001

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I've also had zero issues....I think a majority of people problem have few to no issues....but the majority of people that post about a phone (or any device for that matter) are the ones with issues so it greatly skews the preception about issues.

Exactly!! People with no issues or few issues rarely post about the phone it is only those with issues that post which makes it seem like everyone has issues when that is far from the case.

Reactions: oxymoron

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

I agree to a point. It does seem like there are so many people who trot to the defense of the nexus as if it is perfect and contradict anyone who says it has problems calling them trolls.

I don't have signal, wifi, usb transfer, or bootloop issues.
However, I do have a problem with the camera quality, the BT voice dialing, and the javascript problems.
I don't understand why people can't acknowledge the flaws in the Nexus, especially since every phone ever made has flaws, yes, that includes the iphone.

For those who say you have NO issues, I'm pretty sure I can prove you wrong.

Set your browser to desktop mode. Login to google.com, tap change background image in the lower left corner, then attempt to select an image.

Or you can login to google.com from a PC, change your background image there. Then from the nexus in desktop mode, login to google.com. You will see that the browser displays the image and only the image. The search bar is missing, as are the tabs across the top.

Those are javascript problems.

dion1126

Banned
Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok let me get this straight. You returned the nexus and went to at&t and have a skyrocket. So why are you coming on a verizon forum saying you returned a phone? You can fill in the details and see why people call you a troll. Not to mention you have 3 posts and if you are so happy with the skyrocket go sing its praises in its own forum. Simple as that. I have no issues with the nexus and maybe I am the minority but for me it works so I do not care if I am indeed in the minority. The nexus isn't for everyone and clueless people like yourself do not understand that.

Like I said ........GEEKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood