Cancelling a download?

MedlongOne

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I emailed myself 4 Excel files this morning via my gmail. It was taking to long to download so I tried to cancel it. Not working to well. I tried long pressing on the process in Notification bar but that didn't work. I deleted the email, forced closed the downloading process, restarted the phone and last resort was to pull battery, but nothing works. It still shows that it is trying to download the files.

What am I doing wrong?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Go into your app. Find downloads. Open and check off the file and you can stop and delete it that way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

MedlongOne

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Go into your app. Find downloads. Open and check off the file and you can stop and delete it that way.

I think what I meant to say was that I was trying to save the files to my phone from the email. It just showed that it was attempting to save, but it showed no progress. I attempted again and it actually saved all 4 files. But it still shows in the Notification bar that it's trying to save it / download it from the email. I can't get it to stop.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I think what I meant to say was that I was trying to save the files to my phone from the email. It just showed that it was attempting to save, but it showed no progress. I attempted again and it actually saved all 4 files. But it still shows in the Notification bar that it's trying to save it / download it from the email. I can't get it to stop.

So you saved them all but they still show in your notification drop down? If so just swipe them out. Hold down the notification and swipe to the left or right.

MedlongOne

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
yeah...still there & it has the activity bar moving under it like it's still downloading.
Won't let me swipe to either side. It starts to but gets stuck or something

MedlongOne

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Weird thing...
When I got home I connected to my WiFi. As soon as I did, the download went away. BTW, I was connected to a strong 4G or 3G throughout the day.

Thanks for your help tnt.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Glade you got it worked out. Next question were you on wifi when you started the dl? If so it was looking for the wifi to finish it. Had it happen before but never all day.

MedlongOne

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Glade you got it worked out. Next question were you on wifi when you started the dl? If so it was looking for the wifi to finish it. Had it happen before but never all day.

I was not. I did have Juice Defender working and I clicked on "Save" before the Data could reconnect. I'm wondering if that was the issue. My gut feeling at the time was that I should have waited to hit "save" until Data was enabled.

Michael DeVous

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
i had this same issue with a pdf file that my phone was insisting that i was downloading in the notification bar. tried all kinds of tricks from turning off, file download manager, you name it. when i tried turning on the wifi it finally stopped. Strange. this notification has been on for days. why would it stop by merely turning on the wifi? i have 4g. that should suffice. And even though i turned on the wifi, the file never downloaded. just the notification of it stopped. wierd.

Michael SG2 Icecream

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge