Google search icon hard to activate

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out if there is an issue with the top right side of my GN screen. For those who don't mind having the google search box up top, do you find it very hard to actually get the voice search activated. Either the button is too small and I'm not hitting it in exactly the right spot or is it that my screen is not sensitive enough. I find that I either have to really land right on the middle which makes it almost impossible to use my thum while holding the phone in one hand. Typing in the search box is no issue at all, just getting the voice button.

Nextnexus

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Nah, the voice search on mine seems have a very small contact area. I never hit it the first time. This has been well discussed.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I was having a very hard time with it too until I switched to a custom ROM - that's something the developer paid special attention to, so it's much easier to hit and also glows blue when you do hit it so that you know

Jimistixx

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I found it impossible to hit that thing accurately.
Now I use a Nova Launcher shortcut to have a nice, tidy mic button (never used the txt portion of the widget anyways) that works everytime I press at it.

Its almost in the same part of the desktop grid as the old widget, and works great. I think the original ICS widget is just a little broken.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
+1 on Nova Launcher, not only gets rid of bar on every screen but allows for button only.

185dbd5b-3dcf-ef39.jpg