Miss any old features?

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
What i dont like is the fact that when i dismiss a notification, the light at the bottom of the phone still blinks. When i dismiss a notification, i want it completely gone as if i read it.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I like that this thread has remained civil, as I have seen a lot of others just turn in to people saying that they want to return the phone over something relatively minor, which then turns in to a huge argument. I mean, stick with what makes you happy, but there is a whole lot to enjoy with this phone.

What i dont like is the fact that when i dismiss a notification, the light at the bottom of the phone still blinks. When i dismiss a notification, i want it completely gone as if i read it.

This used to happen to me back on my Thunderbolt, too. I only really ever saw it with Gtalk, but it would happen a lot. It's like the alert is still active in whatever app it's related to. I would have to go in and manually click on every received comment in the conversation until the light stopped blinking. Haven't seen that on the Gnex yet, though.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Miss how you could change fonts easily in the display settings in GB.

This was an OEM thing. I had to install a font changer when I was on CM7 to be able to change this. I know Samsung had it built in, but I didn't see it on HTC. Those are the only gingerbread phones I had experience with, though.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
This was an OEM thing. I had to install a font changer when I was on CM7 to be able to change this. I know Samsung had it built in, but I didn't see it on HTC. Those are the only gingerbread phones I had experience with, though.

Oh was that a Sammy thing? Didn't know that as I have only had samsung touchwiz skinned phones. :p
I tried font changer on my gn but didn't work.
Roboto is nice and all, I just like to change things around. Gets tiring looking at the same stuff, is why I change wallpapers bout everyday lol

Urgo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
If you are connected to 4G, you can use voice and data at the same time. :)

Ohh! I see you're right! Maybe I was on 3G at that time or maybe it was just foursquare being dumb. I was trying to check into a venue while on a conference call a couple days ago and it said network unavailable so figured this was still an issue. Thanks!

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh was that a Sammy thing? Didn't know that as I have only had samsung touchwiz skinned phones. :p
I tried font changer on my gn but didn't work.
Roboto is nice and all, I just like to change things around. Gets tiring looking at the same stuff, is why I change wallpapers bout everyday lol

I was about to ask if you were rooted, but then I saw the ROM in your user info so that answers that question. Maybe Font Changer isn't compatible with ICS yet? I hope it will be, I used to change fonts around on mine from time to time, and it was quite handy.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I thought the search bar at the top was essentially the search button? True it doesn't pop up in apps that are open, but as far as i remember it does do everything the search button did.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I thought the search bar at the top was essentially the search button? True it doesn't pop up in apps that are open, but as far as i remember it does do everything the search button did.

That's what I thought too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
One other thing I miss is the way this phone handles editing contacts.
On my previous phones you just did a long press on the contacts in the dialer.
Here you have to tap the contact picture and it takes you into the people app to edit.
Just a bit more involved is all and about 3 more taps to get it done.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine is very very minor and trivial, but I don't like that they made vertical scrolling a bit more resistive; what I mean is, on my Thunderbolt, if I was on the web, browsing a long website, I could do one really quick swipe and scroll quickly to the bottom of the page. Now, it doesn't seem like you can do that anymore. I mean, it's still kinda fast, but you have to flick it two or three times to get to the bottom quickly.

Urgo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
That's what I thought too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

True the bar at the top of the home screen essentially does the same thing but its a lot less convenient. It's actually feels really strange to me to be honest they got rid of the quick way to get to the voice commands (hold the search button down) when apple released siri.. It's now harder to use voice actions as you have to go home first instead of getting there with the touch.. hold of a button.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I miss being able to type the letters of a person's name in the call screen to call them
being able to select multiple contacts from the people list to send a text to (you can send a group text, but have to go back and forth to do so)

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
2) I really HATE with all caps intended that the Ringer and Alert volumes are tied together again, what a backwards step!

I'm planning to upgrade to the GN as soon as I am eligible, but this point has me quite concerned - enough that it might be a deal breaker for me unless there is some way to separate the functions. I currently use Sound Manager V2 scheduling to turn down Notification Volume at night, while keeping Ringer Volume at a normal level.

Have you (or has anyone) tried that app, or one of the others like it, as a workaround for the problem, and have you had any success?

curiousgeorge

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I use AudioGuru Pro and the author had told me that one other audio app claims to have a work around but that it is a fragile hack. I think the only real option is for Google to fix this. My guess is that will happen, but it may take a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781