Is 4.0.3 out yet?

octo996

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I keep reading differing statements regarding 4.0.3 of android being out or not.

I rooted my phone after getting the 4.0.2 update, and was wondering if 4.0.3 is out yet and if my phone cannot update to it or not.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
My favorite ROM, by Mike1986 is waiting for the official 4.0.3 release before he updates his nice Android Revolution HD 2.1.2, it is currently based off 4.0.2 and gets crazy good battery life, plus it very snappy fast. He is known for testing the heck out of his releases before they come out, so are bug free. I am happy to wait for his next one based off official code from Google 4.0.3

But I am curious, if all these other ROM's have had 4.0.3 for so long, where did they get it from ? And why hasn't Google released it the public yet ? Will the real official 4.0.3 release that is not even out yet, be slightly different than what the developers have been building off already ?

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
My favorite ROM, by Mike1986 is waiting for the official 4.0.3 release before he updates his nice Android Revolution HD 2.1.2, it is currently based off 4.0.2 and gets crazy good battery life, plus it very snappy fast. He is known for testing the heck out of his releases before they come out, so are bug free. I am happy to wait for his next one based off official code from Google 4.0.3

But I am curious, if all these other ROM's have had 4.0.3 for so long, where did they get it from ? And why hasn't Google released it the public yet ? Will the real official 4.0.3 release that is not even out yet, be slightly different than what the developers have been building off already ?

It has been released to the public, but not officially to the Galaxy Nexus as of yet. Google officially released the source code for 4.0.3 awhile back and and devs are just compiling it and building thier ROMS off of it. The Nexus S is the only phone its pushed out to officially as of yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22