some ICS questions

gmaniax

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Greetz all
just getting used to ICS.. and there are a couple things that im sure i am missing.. but arent working like expected.. and i have searched and searched..so i apologize if i missed a previous post on this

1. is there no option to tap and dial when phone # is displayed in the xxx-xxx-xxxx or yyy.yyy.yyyy format ..eg. listed in emails, texts, websites.. it seems like sometimes with a long press, it will give option to dial (like it should) , but mostly not.. consequently, i have to copy, paste into phone ( not possible in dialer one) and do things the hard way

2. is there a setting, hack or app (im rooted, and unlocked on axiom 2.4) to allow me power on from sleep with the volume rocker in addition to the power button ( obviously)

3. is there a way to go from the lock screen to the camera quickly? i thought i read somewhere about that but cant find a way in my searching

TIA :)

GM

jackrv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Swipe to unlock is not actually a security lock, just a method to not hit buttons/icons accidentally in your pocket. For example, as well as swipe to camera, you can also access the notification pulldown as well as browse your phone over USB while swipe locked. You cannot when PIN/Password protected.

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
On the phone dialing it works for me.long press a ten digit #and you should get a little white dialogue box, then hit dial.short press and the phone pad should take over the screen, then you hit the phone icon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463