Official Signal Strength and Reception Thread

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the Charge had horrible connection issues when it first came out. At least I've been having a stable and consistent signal since I got the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: low signal strength?

I am in a pretty good 4g area, I will report once I get the phone, because I am coming from a Razr. I am sure if there are radio problems, google will fix it. It is too important of a phone to not be taken care of.

w00derson

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I've definitely noticed a weaker signal compared to my bionic and girlfriends incredible. Hopefully there's a software update to remedy this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

There was already 3g to 4g transition update from the go, so I am sure there is a reason this phone was delayed. It must have a lot to do with modem.

jashanno

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

so like i said i am on the edge of the network so radio signal is very important to me and i got the phone specifically for 4g because i cant get any other internet service either. would you keep the nexus and hope for an update or swap for a moto?

stoneynumbnuts

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

^^^^ Same here. Already have a bionic with much better signal. Wondering if i should keep the nexus. Like the phone. But since i too am on the edge of service and this is my home internet ,signal strength is important to me. Wish i could look into my crystal ball and see if this issue will be fixed. Guess i got 14 days to decide if its a keeper or back to the bionic. Would really like to keep it though

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Well signal is definitely weak which sucks! I am in my room which was always full bars or a rare three for both my thunderbolt and droid 3 and would always have 60-75dbm max and I sit here with 94dbm ugh!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

There was already 3g to 4g transition update from the go, so I am sure there is a reason this phone was delayed. It must have a lot to do with modem.

That was a transition update nothing to do with the radio really.

xAGx#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

yeah, Ive noticed a weak data signal, Ive been in places where Ive gotten fairly decent 3G with my Incredible 1 to find that I have no data at all on the Nexus. The store rep even had a hard to getting it to maintain a 3G signal after the initial setup.

I really hope this improves....

stoneynumbnuts

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

Didnt know that. Gives them alittle more time to hopefully get the kinks worked out. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

I'm sitting at -108 dBm 32 asu right now, but still managing 11 down and 3 up.

I'm okay with the weaker signal for now as long as my speeds remain this high. (and it helps that I'm the Chicagoland market, which just expanded today)

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

1. Yes, Motorola has much higher quality radios so stop comparing to the Droids - you're just not gonna beat em.

2. Signal issue seems to be an LTE thing - switch over to CDMA and you'll get a 20 dBm increase running off of eHRPD instead

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

1. Yes, Motorola has much higher quality radios so stop comparing to the Droids - you're just not gonna beat em.

2. Signal issue seems to be an LTE thing - switch over to CDMA and you'll get a 20 dBm increase running off of eHRPD instead

That's what everyone's been saying in this thread. Its related to the 4G radio. It still needs tweaking.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site

Incredible -78 to -83
Nexus (3G only) -87 to -98

I've maintaining 1 bar less than the Inc (not that you can really go by that) but speed and call quality is fine. Think we may see a patch about it though, who knows.