Double Text

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm about to call Verizon about the double and triple text messages I'm getting. I've tried stock text app, go SMS, and hand cent. All do the same.

I have rebooted and reloaded my phone. Even did it on a 4.0.3 ROM I was testing.

Any suggestions before I call Verizon?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
It's a Verizon/Android issue. Had it in my Droid x also. Wicked annoying and nothing can fix it.

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Its the only thing the iPhone fan boys at work have to tease me about.

Its very annoying! I can't see how Verizon could charge for text limits if this is a known issue with Android phones.

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
What exactly is happening? You are just getting double texts from everyone?

Its randomly with different people on different networks. So you will hear the sound twice with the same message twice.

I'm glad I have unlimited text messages.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I have the problem when I dictate a text that it will put it in, send it and then type in the last thing I dictated. So I'll see it and think it didn't send and then I send it to people twice, or if I'm on top of it delete it, but either way its kind of a pain

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
me two. past couple days ive been getting duplicate texts back to back. They were all sent from a verizon Droid X. Its not every text, just when ever it feels like it.

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
i have the same issue, but it happens less often with this phone than my previous Droid Pro. I also get an issue with duplicate MMS messages too with random contacts.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
This isn't new. I would get this kind of thing from my friend's BB Storm and then her Droid X as well. I was using a Palm Pre+ and a Envy Touch before that and would get the duplicate messages from her. So I think it has to do with the sending phone and not the receiving phone.

edit: I haven't had this happen on my GN at all... yet

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
You're not the only one - I've been having this issue since day 1. I'm on a custom ROM now and it's still happening. There's another thread about this if you search

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
You have to go into settings and disable text notifications on your phone. When you use a secondary text messaging app you still get the text message and then the second one. So you have to disable one.

FAQ

sfbates

Jan 24, 2011
www.twitter.com
This is happening to me also. It's a network thing, not a phone thing. And there is no cure right now on the phone end.... uugghhh its a pain in the @ss.