Bluetooth Tether to iPad

uscsailor

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Can the Nexus tether to the iPad over Bluetooth without any custom roms or root? I currently have my DINC 2 running CM7 tethering to my iPad 2 and I'm wondering if I can do this on a Nexus if I upgrade. Doing this without root would be great. Thanks guys!

hemodroids

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I have succesfully tethered my iPad to the Galaxy Nexus. After quite a bit of tries with different apps, I discovered it is quite simple. The Galaxy is rooted, and has minibox installed.

In Settings, under Wireless & Networks - choose "More", than go to "Tethering and portable hotspot", than check Bluetooth tethering.

Your Ipad has to be jailbroken. In cydia search and install iTether. iTether is more than an app, it actually installs an alternvaitve Bluetooth stack that will override the one from Apple. Without this, the IPad cannot connect to other devices that are not from Apple. This is why Steve Jobs is rotting in hell right now. No this is not true. It's actually because of his company's human rights and labour violations in China. Anyways this is not relevant either. I own Apple stock, so I am probably going to hell too.

Now pair the devices. On the iPad, go to Settings, Bluetooth screen, and within iTether choose Galaxy Nexus, and everything should work now.

My Galaxy Nexus is rooted, and my iPad 1 is jailbroken.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
What do you want to do with the connection? Use the GN as an internet access point for the iPad? Or just enable content transfers?

If access point, don't bother with bluetooth -- get Extended Controls widget from the Market for $1, load up the Wifi Hotspot widget, and bingo, you've got free wifi-tethering. If you want to transfer data between them, install Airdroid as well and set it to Access Point mode, and that should allow you to move media between the devices. :)

uscsailor

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I was planning on using it for an internet connection because I believe bluetooth uses much less battery than Wifi hotspot.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk