Where's the 4.0.3 update?

MedioGringo

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know what's going on with this? People running roms based on 4.0.3 are saying it's a big improvement and it fixes things that are currently driving me nuts about my Nexus (laggy browser and multi-tasking button).

I would just flash a 4.0.3 rom but I don't feel like setting up everything all over again.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what's going on with this? People running roms based on 4.0.3 are saying it's a big improvement and it fixes things that are currently driving me nuts about my Nexus (laggy browser and multi-tasking button).

I would just flash a 4.0.3 rom but I don't feel like setting up everything all over again.

BMX said on Twitter that it will be out sometime this week probably. I figured it would be the middle of January when it would come. People need to relax. We'll get plenty of updates and they'll come faster than with any other phone on the market. However, that doesn't mean there will be an update every single week. Geeze the phone hasn't even been out a month yet.

MedioGringo

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
BMX said on Twitter that it will be out sometime this week probably. I figured it would be the middle of January when it would come. People need to relax. We'll get plenty of updates and they'll come faster than with any other phone on the market. However, that doesn't mean they'll be an update every single week. Geeze the phone hasn't even been out a month yet.

But I want it nooooooooooooowwwwww! But seriously, come on man, just let me be excited. Thanks for that little tid bit of info tho. Can't wait. As I'm sure you've already guessed.

MedioGringo

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
But I want it nooooooooooooowwwwww! But seriously, come on man, just let me be excited. Thanks for that little tid bit of info tho. Can't wait. As I'm sure you've already guessed.

:D It's cool, it wasn't directed at you specifically. People in general just seem to be getting impatient in other threads as well and are claiming the phone sucks and updates need to be now or they are going to return the phone.

If people literally have absolutely no signal, by all means get a different phone, but if you can deal with it for another week, hold on because this phone will keep getting better.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
BMX said on Twitter that it will be out sometime this week probably. I figured it would be the middle of January when it would come. People need to relax. We'll get plenty of updates and they'll come faster than with any other phone on the market. However, that doesn't mean there will be an update every single week. Geeze the phone hasn't even been out a month yet.

I demand twice a day updates!!!! :eek:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't get it vzw and google ruined the nexus. I mean this phone is designed to b rooted and unlocked but folks are scared or intimidated to go exploring.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't get it vzw and google ruined the nexus. I mean this phone is designed to b rooted and unlocked but folks are scared or intimidated to go exploring.

How is it google or verizons fault if the people that buy the phones are scared of rooting?

Reactions: jroc

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I would like a patch to separate the phone and notification sound, I leave my phone on 24/7 so I only what the phone to ring @ night not to hear all the other sounds set up for other stuff like email , FB, twit, etc. This is the 1 BIG thing I miss over my BB. or maybe some can help me a split it with an app or something.

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I would like a patch to separate the phone and notification sound, I leave my phone on 24/7 so I only what the phone to ring @ night not to hear all the other sounds set up for other stuff like email , FB, twit, etc. This is the 1 BIG thing I miss over my BB. or maybe some can help me a split it with an app or something.

Try downloading Simple Sound Profile from the market. Works well for me coming from a Blackberry.

ambrodsky

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

Couldn't agree more. My old Droid X had this ability. Miss it lots. My only real complaint about the Nexus. I don't have a home phone, so if there's a middle of the night emergency, I need to hear the phone ring but don't need to hear my email notifications.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

Yeah setting up can be a pain, but after unlocking and rooting then installing titanium backup and doing a backup it really is not that bad.

I've installed maybe 10 roms and rom updates and each one did a full data wipe. After doing it so many times it gets to be a non issue. I can get back to my setup in maybe 15 minutes, most of that time is waiting for titanium to do its thing.

So if thats the only thing holding you back, its not so bad. And when you experience a custom 403 rom you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

jastop

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Timeriffic in the market works for me, also turns on/off wifi and bluetooth based on profiles.

Fahrenheit

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Haven't personally tried that one, but I do use Audio Manager Pro, which has the same functionality. Except in ICS on the Nexus, it won't separate the ringer and notification sounds since I think ICS won't allow it like Gingerbread did.

+ 1 for Audio Manager Pro. I have profiles for work and home that are scheduled to run. I have my phone go silent at work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz