soft keys disappeared

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Was using my GN and decided to wipe off the screen with my blanket just to get some finger prints off and next thing I know my Back Home and Recent Apps buttons were gone. Had to power off and power on to get them to come back. Anyone else seen this? Guess this would be considered a flaw with the idea of no real buttons.

Pghdroidette

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
This usually happens to me once a week or so. Most of the time I turn off the screen and turn it back on and they are there, but a couple of times I had to do a battery pull. And there is no rhyme or reason to why it happens.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

cstambaugh

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had it happen once. I just hard booted the phone and they came back. As much as I use my nexus, for it to only happen once since release day is acceptable for me.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Never experienced this before. What exactly happens? Does the buttons turn into the three dots? Or is it just completely black and pressing in the area is unresponsive?

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
This just happened to me this morning. They turn completely black and for all practical purpose do not exist. I rebooted my phone and they came back. Don't think I was doing anything odd last night.

trunksy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This is a fail. It just happened to me and Android apps are useless without the back button. You also lose all your notifications in a reboot.

sec_netizen74

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
This just happened to me today on my Galaxy Nexus. I was in the Dolphin HD browser. I could scroll up and down and interact with the browser, and I could get to the notification area, but even when I used the system preferences shortcut within the notification area, the software buttons did not come back.

Just a blank, black strip completely unresponsive to touch.

I had to reboot my phone to get these buttons back.

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Just happened to me yesterday for the 1st time. Was in the stock browser on a forum and poof they were gone. Turning off and on did nothing so I had to shut down and reboot. Part of Beta! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz