Nexus and ICS vs Other 4.3" screens

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Although some complain about the actual screen of tne GN being 4.3 by the time you take into account the softkeys, is this only because of pure ICS? Will the new crop of phones with 4.3" screens end up being 3.8", and how about current next gen phones with sense (rezound). If that was the case, Id take my GN with tge 4.6 over a slightly faster processor with a smaller screen

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Phones like the Rezound and other HTC devices wont lose screen size, because the soft keys aren't part of the the display. they are off the screen. So 4.3 will remain as the display.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I am almost positive that the current phones won't have the soft keys on the screen, however I saw a picture of the Asus PadPhone I think and it had both the phone keys and the soft keys. The only thing I could think is that the PadPhone just had an early build of ICS and they hadn't updated it yet.

ShiZero

May 28, 2011
alliszero.deviantart.com
I am almost positive that the current phones won't have the soft keys on the screen, however I saw a picture of the Asus PadPhone I think and it had both the phone keys and the soft keys. The only thing I could think is that the PadPhone just had an early build of ICS and they hadn't updated it yet.

I thought the same, although if you end up with both physical buttons and soft buttons, oh boy is that going to be a PR nightmare.

I'm interested in knowing what the Nexus S owners with ICS builds are experiencing.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Soft keys are not required with ICS. The Nexus S will not have them on screen. ICS will be able to accommodate devices with existing dedicated buttons by doing away with the soft keys.

Also see Huawei upcoming offerings with ICS. No soft keys are present...only off screen capacitive buttons.
Huawei Ascend P1 S and P1 hands-on - SlashGear

marcw

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Have you watch a video? The screen is full size with no soft buttons. Even if every other program does not use the space, this is a nice feature.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Have you watch a video? The screen is full size with no soft buttons. Even if every other program does not use the space, this is a nice feature.

Correct. Watching youtube or a movie with the built-in apps removes the soft buttons and expands the screen.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I show The Matrix to my friends that see my phone for the first time.

a6f968b6-7e06-4002.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae