Verizon hard sell

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
What did the Verizon rep push on you when you bought your gnex. I had purchased a case of my own free will. But he insisted I get a screen protector and extra battery with external charger. I waived them both off and he said OK to the screen protector. After assuring him I don't need another battery he went into this whole speech about why I'll need it. Then almost rang it up and I had to stop him and say I didn't want it. Then argue for another minute or two. Finally he let me leave without any unnecessary accessories

elamb23

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
They did not push anything on me, but did bring the standard accesories up to the counter for me to view. I laughed and asked if she had ever heard of a little websitte called Amazon.com.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
They pushed hard on a case, screen protector and insurance. I got mine day one and they pushed it for everyone. They said things like "don't come crying to me when you drop it." I didn't buy any of it. I may get a case, but it's so pretty naked :)

They had some extended battery bundle with a car mount, too for $50. I ended up getting the extgernal charger and spare battery for $39 and am extremely happy.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Didn't try to push anything, just asked if there was anything else I needed, that's it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
CS just fedexed me the phone when I ordered it :).

Honestly, they have to push that stuff because they have quota's to meet, especially with accessories that are more high end like BT headsets.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
These guys are pushed to sell accessories. If they don't they get fired. That's why they're pushing accessories.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Another reason why I enjoy the convenience of online shopping (even if there's a longer wait to consider).

But in the past instances where I purchased a phone in stores, they tried hard to push accessories although they were never overtly hostile about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech