3G Signal after Wifi

stabbedintheface

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that after I leave my house or work that has an active wifi signal that I quickly connect to 3G (I don't have 4G in my area).

I will have 3-4 bars (usually between -70dbm and -90dbm).

However no data will come in our out on the phone. I can't ping anything or access any data. However calls get sent and received no problem.

I can resolve the issue by turning off the radio and turning it back on. Either by going into airplane mode or via the Phone testing mode.

I spoke to a Verizon level II tech who told me that the issue has been acknowledge by Samsung/Google and they expect to have a software fix in February. Told me if I wanted to exchange the phone I could. Though he couldn't explain to me how that would help since he said it was a "software" issue.

Questions

1. Anyone else having this issue and/or heard this line from Verizon?
2. Anyone have any permanant fix other than turning the radio off? I feel like a dumbass when I essentially have to get my phone ready to leave the house...
3. Opinions on if I should do the exchange or not? I have had 0 other problems with the phone.

Thanks in advance

cdook

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that when I turn WiFi off the 4G/3G bars will be gray. This is only temporary for me usually. After about 5-10 seconds they usually turn blue and I'll start getting data again. Is this temporary for you or permanent?

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I've found the same issue. I spoke with my Verizon rep and she suggested replacing my current Nexus (received on launch day) with another one. Maybe she knows something?

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that when I turn WiFi off the 4G/3G bars will be gray. This is only temporary for me usually. After about 5-10 seconds they usually turn blue and I'll start getting data again. Is this temporary for you or permanent?

A Verizon tech told me that the gray/blue color simply indicates if there is data actively being exchanged with the device. If it is gray, no data is moving; if it is blue, then data is moving.

stabbedintheface

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Oh I have full 3g. Just no data will come in or out.

I can't even ping google

Edit

Just got a replacement. Rep there said she's has 1 other person come in with the same issue.

She also had a nexus and said she has never had the problem

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle