help!! i hope i just got a faulty nexus

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
so i got my nexus less than a week ago and this afternoon it was on a chair rail and i bumped it and it fell off. it was no more than 2 feet off the ground when i picked it up i pressed the side button to unlock it but the touch screen wasnt working so i took the battery out to restart the phone and now all the phone does is start up go to that really colorful animation then restarts and does that again and again. before this phone i had the thunderbolt and i dropped it plenty of times and every time from higher than that so i was wondering is it just my galaxy nexus? has anyone dropped there phone from higher? i love this phone alot but i dont want to have to be that careful ill just trade it in for a rezound if its not just my phone

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
so i got my nexus less than a week ago and this afternoon it was on a chair rail and i bumped it and it fell off. it was no more than 2 feet off the ground when i picked it up i pressed the side button to unlock it but the touch screen wasnt working so i took the battery out to restart the phone and now all the phone does is start up go to that really colorful animation then restarts and does that again and again. before this phone i had the thunderbolt and i dropped it plenty of times and every time from higher than that so i was wondering is it just my galaxy nexus? has anyone dropped there phone from higher? i love this phone alot but i dont want to have to be that careful ill just trade it in for a rezound if its not just my phone

its possible when it dropped it jarred something internal loose, but i wouldnt think thats likely.. It sounds like it was frozen when you picked it up, then the never ending reboot could be either hardware or software. You can boot it up into recovery mode I just dont remember how. The answer is in the forums somewhere, I'd look for you but I'm just too tired atm. I'd say try that first and if you have no luck with that, see if you can get a replacement.

Reactions: honex97

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
thanks. ill check out how to boot in recovery hopefully that will help. i just really hope its just my phone cause i love android 4.0 and really dont wanna go back to 2.something

CeeDotSmith

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I've dropped mine a few times from higher, but it has a case on it. I still haven't experienced this. Hopefully booting into recovery will help. Good luck and let us know if there's a happy ending...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX