Time lapse video issue

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I've taken some time-lapse videos of snowfall, large fires, and of a long drive. They came out clear, interesting to watch, and (obviously) of decent length and file size.

Sorry that isn't much help, but I haven't encountered that before. Out of curiosity, what time interval did you select when you went to capture your time-lapse videos, and how long did you record for?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried 3 seconds and 2.5 seconds and recorded for about 30 seconds just to see how it looked. Should I try recording longer

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Made a 60 second video set at 3 second interval and it played through the entire video in a few seconds. It still says 0 seconds for the video length.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I tried 3 seconds and 2.5 seconds and recorded for about 30 seconds just to see how it looked. Should I try recording longer

That makes sense, though. There are 30 frames in a second of video. You took a 60 second video with 2.5 second interval. That's only 24 frames. Less than a second of video.

Do that same interval for 5 minutes and see what you come up with.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
That makes sense, though. There are 30 frames in a second of video. You took a 60 second video with 2.5 second interval. That's only 24 frames. Less than a second of video.

OK I'll give that a try.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Yep, that's exactly what I was getting at. The videos you've already recorded aren't actually zero seconds in length, but rather less than one second.