So Is This Phone Using Power While Off? I Think It Is!!

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
This morning I turned the phone off and it was around 50% When I turned it back on several hours later the counter was at 33%!!!! WTF anyone else notice this?

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
When you say "off", do you mean you turned the screen off, or you powered it off?

The phone is still working with just the screen off, so there will still be some battery drain.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TMFGO45

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Booting up uses a lot of battery. It's not uncommon for me to drop 15% on my Thunderbolt's boot.

Sent from Tim Tebow's house in Heaven

This seems downright terrible....

Swyped from my Galaxy Nexus (Codename Android 1.1.1, franco.Kernel, NateModz w/ fast glow) in Tapatalk Pro!

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
This seems downright terrible....

Swyped from my Galaxy Nexus (Codename Android 1.1.1, franco.Kernel, NateModz w/ fast glow) in Tapatalk Pro!

It's a pain. If I boot up while plugged in, I lose nothing. It just doesn't make too much sense to me.

Sent from Tim Tebow's house in Heaven

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
6 boots and that battery is tapped. I think that math is a bit off, the T bolt can't be that bad.

I'm serious. Sometimes it's about 4%, but that's only if I'm lucky. I don't know exactly what it depends on. Of course, I've never had to boot my phone more than twice in a day, and I've never had a single random reboot.

Can the OP turn his phone off, and then turn it back on, while checking the battery status?

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm serious. Sometimes it's about 4%, but that's only if I'm lucky. I don't know exactly what it depends on. Of course, I've never had to boot my phone more than twice in a day, and I've never had a single random reboot.

Can the OP turn his phone off, and then turn it back on, while checking the battery status?

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

That is wise to check the battery stats in between boots. That would be measurable; hence, wise.

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The Thunderbolt's boot does use a lot of battery, probably because it takes forever.

As far the GNex, this phenomenon is pretty normal, but the culprit is that the phone isn't reporting the battery levels accurately. Many people have also powered off their phone at, say, 15%, only to turn it on and it has 30% left.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
As far the GNex, this phenomenon is pretty normal, but the culprit is that the phone isn't reporting the battery levels accurately. Many people have also powered off their phone at, say, 15%, only to turn it on and it has 30% left.

I've only ever had that problem with a ROM: CodeNameAndroid.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The Thunderbolt's boot does use a lot of battery, probably because it takes forever.

For the record, my Thunderbolt takes 1.5 minutes to boot to the lock screen (timed it with a stop watch). As to the battery drain on boot, that really depends on how you charge the battery. If you charge it via the phone itself, once it reaches full charge, it stops charging and the battery will discharge approx. 5% before the phone starts to charge it again (whether the phone is powered on or is off). This repeats until you disconnect the charging source. So if you take it off the charger while it's in that non-charging state, it will already be off a full charge and will look like it used a lot of battery booting up. This issue is more noticeable when using the stock 1400mAh battery. Not so much with the extended 2750 or the 1620mAh Rezound battery that also works in the Thunderbolt.

In comparison, I charge my batteries via an external Seidio Multifunction battery charger and swap out for a fresh one as needed. After boot up, they are still at 100% charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22