SPB Shell 3D on Galaxy Nexus

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I just found this amazing launcher on the market, but I am wondering if anyone here has used it before I spend $15 dollars on it. I don't mind the price so much, all I want to know is if you use it, does it work as it says?

In addition, I would like to find out if there are proven "Home Switcher" apps for ICS that function. I read some reviews on Home Switcher and apparently it doesn't work. Looked for two other ones, but I see now ICS support on the description. Anyone have luck with any specific Home switching apps?

The SPB Shell launcher looks amazing, I just want to find out if anyone here has used it, and maybe some feedback.

Thanks!

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Tried it on my Xoom and it looks nice but I really like ICS and will wait for that to push to my LTE Xoom. After that, I will pull the lever for yes or no. It was pretty snappy but so is ADW EX. So sticking with that on the tablet and stock ICS on my Nexus. You wouldn't be disappointed with it that is for sure. Its about as far as you can get from stock though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Alright so it seems to work well then! I think Im gonna pull the trigger and do it. I found "Home Manager" that works well on ICS.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I purchased it when it first came out and used on the Thunderbolt. It was pretty cool and first but I quickly became pretty bored with it and ended up only using for a few weeks. IMO ICS is much better but you may find out you like SPB better.

mikemck

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I originally bought it for my Motorola Droid (original one) but the Droid didn't have enough horsepower to run it.

Since I had already bought it I loaded it on the G Nexus. It ran OK for a while but eventually it needed to reload everytime I closed out of an application. This took at least 15 seconds which seems like a lot while waiting.

One limitation is that you can only work with a 4 x 4 grid on each panel. I had 17 panels but some were the ones that come with it.

I have installed NOVA and like that I can vary the grid size. I am using 5 x 6 so I get almost twice an many items on each panel.

SPB was fun and you could probably impress people showing it to them but I don't think it makes the phone more usable.

marsdiamond

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I think I agree with most of the responders. I bought this for my Incredible but ended up uninstalling it. I thought I would want it for my Nexus, but now I love ICS. So I installed it on my Xoom a few days ago. I like it better on the tablet. It seems better on the bigger screen. But I am almost positive it will get no love when ICS is available for my Xoom.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
If you like eye candy you will love this launcher. It spins like a roulette wheel and has alot of colors and graphics. But like others have mentioned, it gets old quick and i to ended up going back to the stock launcher.
Also 15$ for a launcher is steep, i don't care how cool it looks. I have a hard time paying money to replace something thats not technically broken or inferior.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I saw that launcher,reviewed it and watched youtubes vids on it ,,,,, but its just to expensive for me to put 15 bucks into that launcher when there are to many other good launchers to choose from that are not as pricey or are free

Last edited:

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I used it for a while on my Charge and Bionic. It looks cool but, I don't think it is as user friendly as Nova. It wasn't worth the money in my opinion.

Sent from one of the following: Nexus, Bionic or Xoom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae