resetting gnex without pulling battery

ZachDasher

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about getting either the otterbox case or a similiar one where it would be difficult to do a battery pull. Ive had my gnex freeze up only twice in the month that I have had it, which I think is great, but does anyone here know of a way to do a reset without pulling the battery?

Im sorry if this is one of those "pointless" threads, its an honest question..

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've got a 3 part case on my Nexus S and dread taking it off to pull the battery. If you're rooted, you can usually reboot the phone by plugging it into your computer and typing "adb reboot" using ADB. If you aren't rooted, sometimes if you just give it a little time the phone will reboot on its own.

Reactions: ZachDasher

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about getting either the otterbox case or a similiar one where it would be difficult to do a battery pull. Ive had my gnex freeze up only twice in the month that I have had it, which I think is great, but does anyone here know of a way to do a reset without pulling the battery?

Im sorry if this is one of those "pointless" threads, its an honest question..

Doesn't holding the power button do it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Razr owners have to hold the volume buttons and power button down for a few seconds, then it reboots. My wife's Razr screen goes unresponsive all the time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish