ICS or Wp mango, Phil?

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, this thread is meant mainly for Phil, but others can answer too. The reason why I made this thread for Phil is because he was making a lot of Galaxy nexus vs windows phone 7 videos. So Phil, what's your opinion on ICS vs wp7? What are some pros and cons of both? From the video comparisons with the Lumia 900, it looked like you really enjoyed the lumia 900. Do you think you're going to switch in the future? I hope you don't. Lol. Since ICS is a huge improvement over gingerbread, how do you feel about the design and appearance of both platforms? Please respond, Phil. I'm sort of debating which os is better myself. Thanks so much. Everyone else is welcome to answer these questions too.

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads

mdmogren

May 26, 2010
Visit site
ICS - Android just has way better apps, and personally I love the voice control stuff and built in navigation... plus Bing sucks. FYI I switched from an HD7 running Mango (which I switched to from a Nexus S running Gingerbread)

Reactions: elvisgp

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
ICS - Android just has way better apps, and personally I love the voice control stuff and built in navigation... plus Bing sucks. FYI I switched from an HD7 running Mango (which I switched to from a Nexus S running Gingerbread)

Care to share a more in depth view on switching form Android to wp7 and then back to android? How was your experience?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I think you guys forgot windows mobile had way more apps than both did, back in the day by like tens of thousands. Gates just dropped the ball.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Android absolutely still wins on apps, and I think ICS wins as far as a home-screen experience. But there's a lot to like in WP7, especially on the music and movies side.

Does it seem like MS is actually giving their phone the attention and support to their phones? Or does it seem to be more of an after thought like the Zune ended up becoming?

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Android absolutely still wins on apps, and I think ICS wins as far as a home-screen experience. But there's a lot to like in WP7, especially on the music and movies side.

So, I'm guessing that means that you're not planning on switching to wp7? Lol. I got a little worried.
Edit: this might be asking a little too much, but do u mind talking about this with the rest of the AC crew on the podcast? Does anyone else want them to talk about this too? What I'm trying to decide is if I should switch to wp7, and I'm trying to get everyone else's opinion on ICS vs mango.

Last edited:

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
im not gonna lie WP7 has a lot of potential and I can see myself using one in the future so long as it doesnt become another "zune". Right now im satisfied with my GNEX and ICS. One thing is for sure I would definitely pick WP7 over iOS any day of the week. That being said I love my ipod touch ;)

rjoyner0629

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little concerned about some of the apps that are being developed on Android vs. their iOS and WP7.5 counterparts. For example, the Scorecenter app for Android appears basic and does not offer a section for videos. However, there is a video section for iOS and WP7.5. Same goes for the NF'11 app. Netflix is another prime example. You can visually scroll through the movies on iOS and WP7.5, but you have no such feature on Android. Are the apps on iOS and WP7.5 just being created better, or is it something to do with the developer kit? I would like the Android apps to be more fleshed out. Also, why does the new Android Market use Metro UI?

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
WP7 is DEFINITELY refreshing because the experience is 90% smooth all across the board and the theme of the OS comes across the whole phone, apps and all. BUT the app selection is limited, especially when you're trying to connect with your friends and they're using apps that you don't have access to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol