Good contact/dialer app?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The stock contact/dialer app really isn't very good compared to what I had on my Fascinate. It doesn't do predictive names any more as I start typing in a number. Also gone is speed dialing. Go Contacts looks like a great app but crashes consistently with ICS. Has anyone found a better one than the stock that works well?

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
ex dialer is pretty good after i was missing my dialer from sense. Ics theme looks good although a bit small overall and excellent choice. Dialer one was good as well,

sranger#CB

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded Ex Dialer and it's great. But I'm having trouble finding an app that will let me send an email to a whole contact group. Go Contacts seems to do it, but crashes all the time on ics ....

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded Ex Dialer and it's great. But I'm having trouble finding an app that will let me send an email to a whole contact group. Go Contacts seems to do it, but crashes all the time on ics ....

Can't you just create a "group" in Google Contacts and then address the email to that group in Gmail?

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
That would be ideal! I don't think the gmail app does that however ... unless I'm missing something?

Thanks

No, I am. I was unaware that the android gmail client doesn't do this. I did find this workaround during a google search. I've not tried it and don't know if it will work for you but here it is...

Unable to send a group email via gmail android app on Samsung Captivate - Gmail Help

"Well, I haven't figured it out, either, but here is a work-around: set up a group in gmail from your desktop/laptop, with yourself included in the group. Send an email to the group, again from the desktop. "Star" that message on your phone (to make it easy to find) and then you should be able to use that message and "Reply to all". Just change your subject line, do not include the quoted text, and you're good to go."

sranger#CB

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
No, I am. I was unaware that the android gmail client doesn't do this. I did find this workaround during a google search. I've not tried it and don't know if it will work for you but here it is...

Unable to send a group email via gmail android app on Samsung Captivate - Gmail Help

"Well, I haven't figured it out, either, but here is a work-around: set up a group in gmail from your desktop/laptop, with yourself included in the group. Send an email to the group, again from the desktop. "Star" that message on your phone (to make it easy to find) and then you should be able to use that message and "Reply to all". Just change your subject line, do not include the quoted text, and you're good to go."

Thanks, that's a bit too much "work" in that work around I think. I actually found an app called Contacts GroupU that seems to do only this. It doesn't run perfect on ICS, but I think it works well enough for me until this gets fixed and/or GoContacts is updated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol