Posting video to Google+ from GN.

Indy360

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Am I missing something or is it not possible to share a video that you took on the phone directly to Google+? From the Gallery app, when I choose the Share button I don't have the option to post to Google+. This seems like a pretty obvious oversight. Is there a work around for this?

mastervm

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
No. You have to upload the video somewhere first (ie: youtube). Google+ doesn't actually host videos.

On my OG Droid I was able to share videos directly to G+. Now, I can only upload to Youtube and then share from Youtube. I don't mind this so much, except the mobile G+ sharing of a youtube vid isn't as refined as when you share from a web browser. The mobile app shares the link but doesn't embed it. I hope they update this.

I also noticed that my shared images are being uploaded at a reduced resolution now whereas early on they would by much higher res. This change probably happened with the go-live and influx of big users. Probably why they don't let you share videos directly anymore either.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
No. You have to upload the video somewhere first (ie: youtube). Google+ doesn't actually host videos.

Google+ says they do though. There are directions on Google plus on how to send them from your smartphone, the problem is it won't work on their flagship phone......HUGE OVERSIGHT!

Turbod

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Possible that your video is too large? I can upload small vids to Picasa/Google+, but larger (high quality files) will not.

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
You have to go the Android Market and download Google+. I had to do that because for some reason it wouldn't update to the newest version of Google+ and I didn't have the video upload capability. But you should be able to find it in the Market and update to the newest version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stark