No way of changing e-mail check frequency in default Mail app?

anon(20593)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
My Droid Incredible allowed me to choose peak- and off-peak times for the default Mail app, and choose different frequencies during peak-hours and off-peak hours for how often the app should check for new mail on the server.

I would like the default Mail app to check for new mail every 10 minutes during peak hours but only every hour or two during off-peak hours. At the moment, I get to choose only once - from every 10 minutes to every hour.

Is there no way of doing this on this much fancier and advanced Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.0? Surely HTC can't be the only ones who thought of that and included that as part of their Sense overlay!

I much prefer the default Mail app to other options, but will welcome your suggestions about what I could do.

meeko350

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: No way of changing e-mail check frequency in default Mail app

I also miss that option from my Incredible. I had it only check every four hours during off peak times so it wouldn't wake me up. I miss HTC's clock app and calendar too and haven't found any as good yet. I dont miss all the bloatware apps though.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: No way of changing e-mail check frequency in default Mail app

My Droid Incredible allowed me to choose peak- and off-peak times for the default Mail app, and choose different frequencies during peak-hours and off-peak hours for how often the app should check for new mail on the server
Apparently, that is part of the SenseUI.

-Frank

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I think you can control the app from the data end (settings data) but essentially only running during wifi.

You can also let light flow handle all your notifications so that during the night out won't sound.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millionmiles