The glass on my Galaxy Nexus is slight uneven, with the upper left corner slightly higher than the other corners. In addition, it was kind of loose. I finally got around to visiting the Verizon Wireless corporate-operated retail store this afternoon.

The employee took a look and agreed that it wasn't normal. She exchanged it with a new-in-the-box Galaxy Nexus. All I brought was my Galaxy Nexus phone, no accessories or box, but she said that was fine. I was somewhat surprised when she gave me the new Galaxy Nexus, completely in the original box with the cable, charger, headset,..... After she processed the exchange, I fired up the phone and synced with my Google account. In a matter of minutes all my downloaded apps were installed again. I was happy as a claim.

When I got home, I figured I would have to enter my home Wi-Fi router's password in order for the new Galaxy Nexus to connect. I use a very long password, something like this: dk@39vna0s9#@$j6!gAC3942069. Just as I opened the text file on my computer to see the password, I noticed the GN was already connected to my home network!!!??? Apparently Google kept my router password backed up somewhere on their network?

Iis this normal? I have no idea that Google would allow my router password to be backed up. I certainly never agreed to this. Not that I'm complaining or anything, because it's actually a PITA to enter such a long password.
    01-18-2012 10:48 PM
    I think backing up to your Google account includes certain settings and passwords. I didn't read the details closely on the last Android device I activated because I wasn't going to backup to my Google account, but I do vaguely remember it seeming broader than I felt was necessary.
    01-18-2012 10:57 PM
    Its tied to your google account if you checked the box to have google backup and restore

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    01-18-2012 11:17 PM
    You do agree to it.. It's an option when setting up your phone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    01-18-2012 11:18 PM
    pretty awesome isn't it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    01-18-2012 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD