audible on gnex VIRTUALLY unusable

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone elseu running audible on your gnex. i am seeing crashes multiple times a day which cause loss of all bookmarks. this happens on notifications. i spend more time trying to find where i was in a book than listening to it.....major pita.

molinap1

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I just finished 1776 and started a new one on the audible app and have not seen any issues or crashing. But I don't bookmark or switch between books, so when I open the app, it is where I left off. The widget though will go blank occasionally and will not show what book I was listening to.

Reactions: pmar55

Urgo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I use audible all the time on my galaxy nexus and it works fine. I don't recall it crashing once yet. It did crash occasionally on my nexus one over the years but not too often.

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I use it almost everyday, but like the other user who posted above, I stay on the same book. On occasion, audible fails to load a file, or I lose my place which requires quitting out and re-opening, and sometimes, searching for my spot.

Yes, the app has some bugs which is somewhat expected, but they have updated the app since release of the GN and I would have expected the issues to be resolved, but they werent.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I have no issues and the lock screen controls are a nice features.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

guesswho369

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Ditto on big issues here. I don't switch back and fourth between books, but multiple times per day I have to manage/force stop the app, then reopen because I get chronic "unable to play this title" errors. Only killing app completely and re-opening will solve.

I'm a mobile architect for my company and have a drawer full of phones, and this particular flaw keeps sending me back to my iPhone 4s.:mad: