anyone mad about Anandtech's G Nex review on battery life?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Why should I be mad about it? I don't care what their review says. All that matters is that the battery life that I'M seeing daily is pretty good.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone expects great battery life out of a smartphone which is just a small computer. I use my phone more than I use my laptop. If I unplug my laptop, I don't expect it to last all day, so I don't expect it of my smartphone, that's why I charge it often.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why I would be mad about it. I know how to manage my battery just fine, thanks. I can manage to get through an entire day easily.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Like others said, why would I be mad about a review on battery life after I already have the phone? Now If I read the review and it sad that I would get 5 days out of one charge, and I come to find I only get 1, I would be mad.

paperhurts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
They didn't even separate CDMA from LTE...I had some battery issues but after recalibrating it based on feedback here and on other forums I can go almost 24 hours on the extended battery...and my display is on 90% of my workday...eh, nothing to get mad about. I call that kind of battery life "user error."
:cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone expects great battery life out of a smartphone which is just a small computer. I use my phone more than I use my laptop. If I unplug my laptop, I don't expect it to last all day, so I don't expect it of my smartphone, that's why I charge it often.

I wish more people thought like this. It has a battery, at some point it could die. Especially if you use it a lot.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
What did surprise me (and it shouldn't, really) is the difference between the CDMA/LTE version and the GSM/UMTS version. Especially on talk time.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I have no concerns about what other people think about this phone. It's not my child or my pet so a protective emotional reaction doesn't make sense.

All that matters is this: Does it do the job for which I need it to do? If so then I'm fine.

If a reviewer says my Craftsman hammer is a piece a crap do I care? No, as long is it hammers nails for me I'm fine.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Not mad at all. That beautiful AMOLED screen uses tons of battery. Not surprised at the results.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what I'd be irritated about. (I'm gonna assume you meant irritated and not "angry.")

Are you suggesting that the review is inaccurate because it paints a poor picture of battery life? (Which I don't think it does.)
Or because it suggests that pound for pound the battery life is pretty good? (Which seems to be pretty accurate.)
Or because they obviously botched the talk-time test? (Since CDMA vs GSM can't be the whole story, because 6 of the top 10 phones are CDMA -- and that's assuming the iPhone 4S they used was not CDMA.)

ganklin

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
i have the GSM version, and while i have only used it lightly, my battery is now on day 2 and 5 hours on one charge. i talked on the phone for a bit here and there, played some words with friends, some cut the rope, hung out on facebook on the couch a bit here and there, goofed with the camera and gallery a bit, and played around with G+ widget some. checked the weather a few times also. battery seems pretty decent to me!

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
i have the GSM version, and while i have only used it lightly, my battery is now on day 2 and 5 hours on one charge. i talked on the phone for a bit here and there, played some words with friends, some cut the rope, hung out on facebook on the couch a bit here and there, goofed with the camera and gallery a bit, and played around with G+ widget some. checked the weather a few times also. battery seems pretty decent to me!

What did surprise me (and it shouldn't, really) is the difference between the CDMA/LTE version and the GSM/UMTS version. Especially on talk time.

Ganklin, the gsm version, according to their tests had overall better battery life than the cdma version. Talk times is a huge difference.

Reason other cdma phones have better talk times is probably because other manufactures just did a better job addressing talk time battery life. The RAZR has basically the same chip, I can't believe the chip, screen, and OS difference makes that much of a difference for talk times. Gsm isn't lte I believe, so that might playing a part.

travo1978

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I get enough battery to last a full work day under my normal usage patterns so I'm fine with it. But even going by their results we get the longest lasting of the batteries on 4g under normal usage. I'm sure anybody using hotspot has the phone plugged in. What's there to be mad about?

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not mad at all. That beautiful AMOLED screen uses tons of battery. Not surprised at the results.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

That's pretty much it too I think. Especially when you someone tries to compare the GN with the Razr. The Razr has a smaller screen, less resolution and a larger battery.

Personally, I think the GN should have been released with the extended battery as the standard. The extended battery does not add that much bulk, or weight, or thickness to the phone.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
The battery difference between the RAZR and G Nex is barely 100 mAh.The screen res difference isnt that big. The screen size isnt that big to have a 5 hour difference in talk time battery life vs the RAZR. Its something else...

When you are on a call, the screen is off....

Why are some ppl asking me if I'm mad? lol I wanted to know current G Nex owners feelings about it, thats all. Its just another thing to add to the pro n con list of these phones, thats all. I already researched that before I tried out the G Nex, so no...I'm not mad.

Info helps us consumers in making purchasing decisions, right?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Why are some ppl asking me if I'm mad?
Because you are the one who started the thread. The article posted includes the phone you choose to use.
lol I wanted to know current G Nex owners feelings about it, thats all. Its just another thing to add to the pro n con list of these phones, thats all. I already researched that before I tried out the G Nex, so no...I'm not mad.
Well, it looks like you are probably getting the information you need from the thread. How do you feel about the responses so far?